- 5+ years of program management experience in a Game developer, technology platform company, consulting organization, or comparable technology and business transformation focused organization.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel. Ability to quickly learn BI data visualization tools such as Tableau or Amazon Quicksights
The games industry lives at the intersection of technology and the arts, and with more than 2.5 billion people playing games every day, creating exciting experiences at global scale has never been more essential.
At AWS Game Tech, our mission is to help developers build amazing, successful, and fun games that redefine the future of possible in the games industry.
As a World Wide Operations Program Manager you will be responsible for planning, incubation, and execution of operational mechanisms serving our games field and product teams. In this role you will work closely with Game Tech Product leaders, Field Sales Leaders, and Business Operations to help formulate effective program plans and to manage successful execution and delivery of targeted business outcomes. These mechanisms will include defining the operational cadence and reporting processes aligned to product and service goals, improving upon existing mechanisms to allow our business development & field sales teams to operate more efficiently, and leading scoping and development of business Intelligence tools & dashboards that drive our business.
The right candidate should have familiarity with core games industry vernacular and business processes alongside strong communication skills that allows her/him to effectively engage with sales and technical stakeholders around the globe. This person should have a demonstrated ability to work strategically with a strong sense of operational excellence in delivering scalable mechanisms with a track record of diving deep into program details, understanding technology capabilities and limitations, and making critical judgement decisions about how to handle stakeholder requests. This person should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business challenges, with the ability to work across organizational boundaries. A deep sense of ownership, accountability, and drive is a must. This person should thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, and invent and simplify processes. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done.
Finally, and perhaps most importantly, she or he should love games!
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment similar to a high-tech startup
- Willingness and ability to dig into necessary level of detail to ensure successful program delivery
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent initiatives
- Experience and familiarity with key games software, middleware, and platform tooling
- Experience in Sales Strategy, Sales Operations, Business Development, and/or Go to Market roles
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a highly matrixed, cross-functional, global organization
- Experience with CRM platforms such as Salesforce
- Experience with project management tools such as Asana, Smartsheet, or Trello
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for San Francisco, CA.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For Colorado: The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,300/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.