Job Purpose Summary: The Inside Sales Person is responsible for establishing and maintaining profitable relationships with customers on behalf of the company by taking personal and complete responsibility for each customer contact and by ensuring that all customer requirements are completely met. The Inside Sales Person has primary responsibility for ensuring that customer needs are met.
This opportunity would be suited to someone who has experience in Inside Sales. Alternatively, this could be an opportunity for an Inside Sales Associate, Counter Sales Person or Expediter looking to progress within their career.
Please note experience is not essential, as training will given and salary is negotiable depending on experience
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate effectively, informing and updating team regularly to guarantee that sales and customer objectives are met.
- Compile and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents etc.
- Acknowledge and appropriately greet and assist every customer in a timely manner.
- Process customer orders in a courteous, efficient and timely manner.
- Organise workflow to meet customer deadlines.
- Effectively present, promote and discuss the products and services of the company in a way that conveys an image of quality, integrity and superior understanding and delivery of customer needs.
- Manage telephone calls professionally, efficiently and with excellent customer service/communication skills.
- Attend to customer questions, complaints and concerns immediately, and facilitate satisfactory resolution, escalating promptly any issues beyond standard resolution.
- Look for opportunities to maximise sales by negotiating with suppliers/manufacturers to facilitate improved terms.
- Participate proactively in regular sales team meetings and 1-2-1 meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Customer Service - Manages difficult customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; works to goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Driver's License (Preferred)
- One location