For 88 years, Hohmann & Barnard, Inc., has pioneered innovative solutions for the masonry industry. As a global leader in manufacturing construction materials for the building envelope, we offer anchors and reinforcement, moisture protection, thermal performance, wall estimating software, and air barrier systems for commercial and residential masonry markets.
We are part of Marmon Holdings, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, that comprises more than 100 autonomous manufacturing and service businesses serving diverse industries and markets worldwide. Marmon businesses operate more than 400 manufacturing, distribution, and service facilities, and employ more than 20,000 people globally.
The successful employee will “own” all aspects of their territory. The purpose of this role is to drive growth in the assigned territory through demand creation and direct sales through distribution.
This territory includes Arizona, California, Nevada and Hawaii. Candidates can live anywhere in the territory but the ideal candidate would live in Arizona.
Responsible for managing all aspects of Distribution Accounts within the territory while building brand awareness and creating demand at the end user and distributor level with a primary focus on the Hohmann & Barnard solution offerings.
Additional responsibilities include end user and job site activities to build brand awareness and drive demand with builders and installation (dealer) customers. Provides sales support to Regional Sales Managers and direction to Customer Service regarding target locations and product focus.
Job Responsibilities & Requirements
- Manage, consult and value sell company solutions to a customer base in a defined region
- Prospect and profitably grow business with new and existing customers, with a focus on exceeding annual budget
- Possess a proven track record of growing business by capitalizing on organized sales strategies. A strong ability to create and execute business plans is required.
- Possess effective communication skills that facilitate leading internal discussions to deliver value added customer solutions
- Effectively negotiate and deliver customer proposals that match customer needs with the value provided
- Proven track record in utilizing the full Microsoft Suite of products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams) and CRM systems. Has the ability to learn custom company software that compliments the selling process.
- Must possess industry related knowledge on industry related products/solutions as they relate to the commercial construction industry. A strong working knowledge of the project workflow from architect/engineer to contractor is strongly preferred.
- Must possess a continuous improvement mentality that facilitates the learning of new processes, solutions and technology.
- Must be a motivated self-starter that can work independently and in a team environment
- Travel 50-70%
- Other responsibilities as assigned by manager
Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Construction Science or other relevant field related to Commercial Builder Product Industry
- Industry Related Experience Required - Sales Experience and or Masonry Industry 10+ years of sales experience in related industries in lieu of formal degree.
- Proven track record of sales/profit growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office with some knowledge of graphic programs and ability to use company software
- Familiarity/experience with value selling/Counselor Salesperson
Hohmann & Barnard is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer; and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or transgender status), age (40 and over), genetic information (including family medical history), veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
For accommodation to assist with completing this application, please contact Human Resources at +1 314-434-1200.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- On the road
Work Location: On the road