Sales Engineer Job Description
We are looking for a savvy sales engineer in Orange County to work with our Team selling luxury private residence elevators and related lifting systems and technologies to home builders and architects.
To be successful as a sales engineer, you will need to develop a deep knowledge of our industry and our company's elevator systems, and you should be able to relate this knowledge in a way that is understandable to non-technical Customers.
You will also be tasked with fostering lasting and durable relationships with luxury home builders and architects in Orange County in order to secure their current and future business and serve them as Customers.
You should be driven to achieve your sales goals, Customer-oriented, and should have excellent sales and customer service skills.
Our organization is long-term focused, and we believe in delivering superior quality and service in order to best serve our Customers and to win in the marketplace. Your values should be aligned with ours.
Sales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Preparing and developing technical presentations to explain our company's elevator systems and technologies to customers.
- Discussing equipment needs and system requirements with customers, architects, and builders.
- Collaborating with architects and builders to understand customer requirements and provide design support.
- Generating high-quality sales leads, following up after initial contact, securing and renewing orders, negotiating prices, completing sales, and handing off projects to project management.
- Researching, configuring, specifying, and quoting elevator systems to meet customers' technical requirements and needs.
- Helping customers with installed elevators and recommending replacement with new systems or upgrades to their existing systems.
- Soliciting and logging client feedback and evaluating the data to create new sales and marketing strategies to target customers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to upper management.
- Setting and achieving sales goals and quotas.
- Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
Sales Engineer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or related field.
- Experience in sales and the building technologies field.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
- The ability to relate technical information to non-technical customers.
- Excellent technical and problem-solving skills.
- Good leadership and team working skills.
- Willingness to continue your sales and engineering education.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $225,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Our organization makes extensive use of technology in order to allow our Team to work with Customers and Team members remotely where feasible and appropriate.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales: 3 years (Required)
- English (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19