We are looking for a talented individual to act as a Payroll Business Analyst to understand People and Culture needs and interpret these needs into system specifications. A driven and motivated HR professional with Payroll experience who is looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing and exciting team in a challenging, evolving, and fast-paced environment. T he individual will work directly with the People and Culture team, Technology team, vendors, and various partners across the organization, should understand payroll processes and their impact on overall human resources process areas. On an on-going basis this person will work with IT and business stakeholders to translate business requirements into functional requirements/specifications and identify and design solution options for implementation.
The position will be reporting into the Manager, People and Culture Digitalization in the People and Culture Team.
The ideal candidate must have payroll processing experience.
- Act as a liaison between the business users and technologists with good understanding of both business requirements and technology
- Support end users on functionalities of systems
- Work closely with IT and Business stakeholders on process and system improvements
- Participate in evolution projects
- Work with vendors’ team members
- Analyze and model business processes
- Present concrete solutions based on needs
- Participate in quality control activities, assure plans and scripts are in alignment with the business needs
- Troubleshoot issues
- Produce different reports according to the company's requests
- Document change requests that come directly from the business
- Facilitate workshops with business stakeholders in gathering and documenting business and system requirements
- Maintain documentation requirements
- Deliver business acceptance criteria documentation
- Produces user guides if required
Your wellness is our priority
To protect your health and wellness, Fairstone will conduct recruitment digitally for this position. You will receive virtual onboarding and training and will initially work remotely with the Fairstone team. We look forward to introducing you to the team at Fairstone’s downtown Montreal headquarters once physical distancing measures are lifted.
**Internal title: Senior Business Analyst**
Qualifications and education
- Undergraduate Degree (BS/BA or equivalent combination of education/experience), Human Resources or MIS bachelor is an asset
- 3-5 years’ experience in HRIS business analyst role
- Advanced payroll experience
- Good understanding of various human resources modules part of an ERP solution (HRMS, recruiting, onboarding, benefits, performance management, talent management, etc.) with focus on payroll, time tracking, absenteeism
- Experience with Workday ( nice to have)
- Strong understanding of human resources processes
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong meeting organization and facilitation skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong Customer and Vendor relationship management skills with the ability to handle conflict and negotiations
- Proven experience using Agile methodology
- Proactive and rigorous with an excellent sense of organization, and focus on a job well done
- Flexible and adaptive, collaborative team player
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritize work and well organized
- Bilingual, spoken and written (French and English)
What’s in it for you?
Looking for a rewarding career? You’ve come to the right place. At Fairstone, we offer all our permanent employees:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Incentive programs to recognize when sales targets are met (applies to branch network employees only)
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated to your start date)
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits
- Access to Dialogue, which will allow you to virtually consult healthcare professionals
- Employer Sponsored Pension Plan
- Personal days and sick days
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Paid volunteer day and organized volunteering events across the country
- Ongoing Learning and Development Training
- Referral Incentives up to $5000.00
and Much More……
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Come join our team!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Whether you’re seeking first-time employment or are making a career change, Fairstone has the internal support to help our team members grow and succeed.