The Boston Convention Marketing Center (BCMC) is a joint effort of the Greater Boston Convention & Visitors Bureau and the Massachusetts Convention Center Authority to market and sell the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center, and The Lawn On D.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the National Sales Manager - Citywide Convention Sales identifies and books new and repeat association, corporate and trade show events at the Hynes Convention Center and the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center (BCEC), and representing Boston in a highly visible, professional and positive fashion to the convention and meetings industry. The territory is to be determined. Remote work is not an option for this position.
- Identify and qualify association, corporate and trade show events for Boston that utilize the Hynes or BCEC
- Prepare leads to the hotel community using online application, LeadLink
- Manage and maintain detailed account profiles in Ungerboeck customer database system
- Prepare and implement account action plans
- Complete sales reports in a timely manner
- Prepare and conduct sales presentations
- Conduct site inspections
- Prepare sales proposals
- Develop and enhance relationships with customers and industry partners
- Attend industry and other networking events to provide maximum exposure for Boston
- Meet all assigned sales quotas for prospecting, outside calls and definite business by managing time and territory effectively
- College graduate with a minimum of five years of related industry sales experience and a proven track record of success.
- Must be a self-motivated team player, organized and professional
- Must be competitive with a ‘winning’ attitude.
- Must be a strategic thinker
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
- Must have the ability to build productive business relationships
- Knowledge of Boston is beneficial
GBCVB/BCMC offers excellent benefits, generous time off, and a dynamic, fun, and collaborative work environment.
Remote work options are not available for this position.
GBCVB/BCMC is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating a workplace that reflects this commitment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
To apply, please submit a resume, salary requirements and a cover letter stating how your experience correlations to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.