The Enterprise Cloud Team is looking for a Senior Azure Cloud Engineer with hands-on cloud engineering experience. The ideal candidate has experience working in hybrid cloud-on-prem environments, building and maintaining cloud group and subscription hierarchies, building and securing cloud-based infrastructure, supporting application runtime environments, architecting solutions and comfortable collaborating and communicating with engineers at all levels of the datacenter stack to implement complicated architectures and designs, while being hands-on as needed.
- Work with software engineers & infrastructure engineers to solve technical and operational challenges, drive efficiency and provide critical support for business impacting issues
- Act as a point of escalation regarding Azure and AWS situations for the Cloud Support Team
- Support multiple systems or applications of high complexity, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility
- Act as the technical liaison between operational and development teams, providing critical operational insight to upcoming implementations and strategies, including validation of ongoing solutions supportability
- Stay well-informed of failures and complications related to our cloud offerings
- Be responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to enable their applications to migrate to and run on Cloud infrastructure.
- Work with automation team to maintain Automation scripts / tools created to support monitoring and automation of operational support
- Manage and Support cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Strong implementation and support of APIs to troubleshoot RESTful services and integration of them with consumers
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Employ exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues before they snowball into problems.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Lead and develop best practices and runbooks for use by operations and escalations teams
- Stay current with industry trends, contributing to recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master's degree a plus.
- Certification as an Azure Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack
-8+ years of experience in cloud computing and design.
- Experience with popular solutions from the leading cloud vendors, primarily Microsoft Azure, as well as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience implementing and supporting micro-service and serverless design concepts and patterns
- Proven design, planning and implementation experience with all infrastructure components including Storage, Network and Compute technologies
-Experience working with Azure App Service, Azure Policy and Security Center - diagnosing and remediating resource contention issues and Identify failures in application logs
- Experience implementing and maintaining Azure Management Group hierarchies, Subscriptions, Resource Groups, employing out-of-the-box and custom Roles and Policies to support “minimal privileges” and “separation of responsibilities (SOR)”
-Experience working with Agile methodologies supporting Infrastructure-as-a-service coding and deployment
- Experience implementing and supporting Code/Devops and Data pipelines leveraging code repository tools such as GIT, CI/CD tools such as GitLab CI, image repositories such as Artifactory and Azure XXX, and Azure Data Flow pipelines
-Experience with infrastructure and configuration management scripting tools and solutions - Hashicorp Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CF templates, ARM, PowerShell, Python
- Experience implementing and supporting complex cloud security patterns, integrating on-premises and cloud security services, including encryption keys, certificates, PKI, CA, HSM’s, key/secrets and Key Management Vault services
- Experience implementing and maintaining complex authentication, authorization and single-sign-on (SSO) and federation patterns, leveraging SAML2, OAuth2/OIDC, IDaaS providers such as Okta, API Gateways, API orchestrations, and JWT’s
- Coding and scripting experience using PowerShell, Python, Linux command-line shells such as Bash, korn, YAML and JSON, Cloud APIs, etc.
- Comfortable coding in a polyglot environment, including Java, C/C++, NodeJS, Perl, Python, Scala, GoLang, .Net CORE
- Experience debugging complex API orchestrations, synchronous and asynchronous micro-service APIs using infrastructure and application logs
- Excellent understanding of terminology and concepts across popular public cloud services, including the “cloud computing stack,” i.e., Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Understanding of artificial intelligence (AI), Internet of Things (IoT), and experience working with Machine Learning services such as SparkML, pySpark, Scikit, Tensor, GPUs, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Containerization technologies including Kubernetes, Docker, EKS, AKS
- Experience implementing, securing, and supporting data analytics platforms (including Data Lakes and Data Hubs) based on Hadoop/Hive/Spark family, Cloudera, HortonWorks, SnowFlake
- Experience implementing, securing, and supporting SQL, NoSQL and document databases, including complex queries, PL/SQL
- Experience with implementing and automating on-premise private cloud technologies such as OpenShift, Pivotal and custom Automation tooling
- Ability to interface with and communicate complex technical concepts to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-motivated and skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to assist clients both internal and external and the ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals within a busy workspace.
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams and lead and mentor less experienced engineers
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues with a variety of cloud vendors and services using cloud infrastructure and application logs
- Experience with operating systems such as Linux, Unix & Windows
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.