Automations Solutions Architect - Technology Manager
Chicago preferred - otherwise flexible to occasionally travel
If you are a leader with a passion for transforming global tax business with digital technology, plan your career with the US Tax Transformation. This is an exciting opportunity to support global execution of Deloitte's tax strategy as we shift from "doing digital" to "being digital" by reimagining how we engage with our clients, deliver our services, operate our business, and create value.
Work you'll do
As a Tax Manager in our Tax Transformation Office, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing the impact of small and large IT projects and financial/tax applications portfolio by working with the Deloitte Tax Automation Center of Excellence (ACE) team.
- Managing and creating solution design documents for approved tax automations and other tax solutions.
- Investigating & developing the detailed and long-term strategic roadmap and design architecture to ensure master data integrity, solution scalability, and the standardization of full automation deployment for application and infrastructure deployment.
- Designing and Managing the process flows and solution design of current and future tax solutions, future-state blueprint, including technical capabilities, technologies, business processes and standards.
- Developing fit-for-purpose views as required to support architectural analysis and business management.
- Partner with technical and business leads and serve as an advisor for strategic initiatives.
- Developing best practices, guidelines, and implementation standards.
- Introducing and driving the adoption of new, innovative technologies into the enterprise.
- Using pragmatic thinking to solve specific issues and balance the need for short-term deliverables and long-term strategy.
- Communicating with all levels of executives, management, and others from different perspectives, using whiteboards and diagrams/models.
- Working closely with the IT engineering team to ensure the solution intent design is properly translated into detailed technical designs, and ultimately, deployed IT solutions.
Deloitte Tax LLP's Tax Transformation Office (TTO) is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of innovative, enterprise technology, tools, and standard processes to support the delivery of tax services. The TTO team focuses on enhancing Deloitte Tax LLP's ability to deliver comprehensive, value-added, and efficient tax services to our clients. It is a dynamic team with professionals of varying backgrounds from tax technical, technology development, change management, Six Sigma, and project management. The team consults and executes on a wide range of initiatives involving process and tool development and implementation including training development, engagement management, tool design, and implementation.
- 5+ years of hands on automation solution architecture experience
- 2+ years of cloud experience
- Good understanding of various technology stacks supporting IT applications and demonstrated experience to design and architect solutions with low code and scripting and other technologies
- Understand Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) frameworks and how to implement SOA in Financial/Tax based enterprise solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related engineering field, or relevant work experience
- Experience with UI Path Orchestrator and/or other RPA technologies
- Travel up to 25% (While 25% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Limited Sponsorship - Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- CPA, Enrolled Agent, or other appropriate technology certification (either in process or able/willing to obtain)
- Azure certification