A Fortune 200 leader, CDW is the trusted resource and technology expert that Canadian companies turn to most to solve all their information technology needs. Our Data Storage and Protection Consultant role is a high-profile, post-sales opportunity that ideally sees you call on your talent and technical expertise in Data Storage and Protection and your ability to implement and operationalize projects to help our customers transition to the cloud and more effectively utilize it.
Join us and you’ll quickly learn that our Data Storage and Protection Consultant role provides accelerated opportunities to grow your career and turn your ideas into action. Your innovative outlook and strong desire to learn will ensure we keep up with the latest practices, ideas, and trends in the data protection space. Companies rely on us to identify, implement, and maintain the technology that drives them forward and know when they do business with CDW, they aren’t just getting cutting-edge technology solutions, they’re gaining a trusted consultant.
This role is suitable for individuals who have experience in implementing and managing enterprise data storage and backup systems.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in customer-facing and internal projects, assisting or leading the technical engineering and operationalization of data protection solutions
- Architect, engineer, and implement partial and/or complete data protection solutions using a variety of assessment tools and technologies
- Troubleshoot performance, redundancy, configuration, and incidents to resolution
- Assist and/or implement customer change requests
- Escalation to the vendor support, when required, to resolve customer concerns
- Cross-train and document new solutions, tools, and practices to team members, to the operations team, and other groups
- Conduct new product/service evaluations for internal publication to management for adoption
- Stay apprised of recent developments in the data protection space; assist in determining how and when those would affect and/or improve our architecture
- Follow the latest industry trends, practices, and ideas through training, certifications, conferences, and research
- Perform documentation work (internal/external) for project compliance and transition to managed services
What you need to succeed:
- Experience in Technical Support and backup and recovery
- 5+ years experience working with Commvault Data Protection Software
- Experience with backup to cloud destinations like Azure or AWS
- Experience with various forms of enterprise data storage
- Strong problem-solving and attention to detail
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Experience as a consultant or equivalent role
- Applied knowledge and understanding of basic network infrastructure and connectivity
- Certifications in relevant technologies in networking or disaster recovery products would be an asset
- Work experience with any other backup and recovery software
- Linux/Unix/Windows/Solaris administration skills
- Working experience (or knowledge) with data replication and disaster recoveries services such as Zerto, Commvault Live Sync, and Azure Site Recovery
Who we are:
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education, and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small.
What you can expect from us: Culture, coworkers, careers.
CDW is not only the People Who Get IT, but the People who get People. Our relationships are fueled by our deep expertise and grounded in the CDW Way. Our empowering leadership makes things happen and inspires their teams to do the same. From the teammates beside us to the leaders who guide us, we move forward together. At CDW, you’ll work with people who inspire you. People with positive, success-driven attitudes who you will learn from and forge strong relationships with. Bring your best true self—and your best ideas—to CDW. Because diverse perspectives bring forth better problem solving—and better solutions for our customers on a rapidly evolving technology landscape.
The well-being of our employees is essential to us. CDW offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health, dental and vision coverage, coworker stock purchase program, paid vacation time and sick days, RRSP/DPSP and DPSP match, tuition reimbursement, coworker discounts, and other generous perks.