Re: Sound is the Canadian not-for-profit music licensing company dedicated to obtaining fair compensation for artists and record companies for their performance rights. We advocate for music creators, educate music users, license businesses and distribute royalties to creators — all to help build a thriving and sustainable music industry in Canada.
The Senior Business Analyst will work closely with VP of Technology to provide oversight for services, technology, and processes. This role is critical in the management and oversight of the enterprise system roll out and implementation and will be an important resource for Organizational Change Management (OCM) in the company.
- Document business and data requirements and business processes such as process maps that includes swim lanes and functional requirements
- Work with existing OCM team to apply the OCM framework to initiatives within Re: Sound and its member organisation, including change plans, hands-on application, training, and informal coaching activities
- Support integration and application of OCM on project initiatives
- Identify areas of acceptance risk on projects and develop and execute plans to mitigate these risks
- Develop and manage change plans to address identified business and operational needs.
- Work in conjunction with other OCM resources to assure alignment and delivery methodology, implement change management, and mentor change agents
- Ensure technological solutions adequately support business and operational needs and processes
- Identify current and future technology/digital opportunities that drive efficiencies and operations
- Quality assurance workflows for new and updated systems
- Identify and assist with development and delivery of learning/training for system users
- Work with stakeholders to ensure new and business needs are being met
- Experience in successfully planning and executing projects
- Experience working with a multi-disciplinary team of project professionals
- Experience with developing and applying OCM strategies, plans and activities
- Experience in developing detail processes and functional needs
- Coordinate and validate requirements that extend across functional business teams
- Certification and/or training in Organizational Change Management (OCM) methodology is preferred by not required
- A consultant mindset, strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, business communication and project management skills.
- High independence level, and proven ability to drive initiatives with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage end-to-end process from requirements gathering, scoping analysis, mock generation, quality control to final delivery.
- Comfortable driving changes in an innovative organization using best practice change management initiatives.
- Strong communication and ability to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Bachelor’s degree (computer systems and/or engineering preferred) or equivalent practical experience. CBAP or CCBA an asset.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a business systems analyst role.
- Experience with implementing or improving complex back-office or ERP systems.
- Ability to manage with multiple demands and competing priorities, and to meet deadlines.
Re: Sound is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. Re: Sound is committed to providing a workplace that is inclusive and accessible to all. Should you require accommodation during this process, please let us know.
We thank all applicants in advance - only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19