Manages the work activities for budgeting, re-forecasting and monthly/quarterly financial reporting, and desktop audit services within the lease administration platform.
- In charge of preparing AP/AR lease portfolio budgeting and reforecasting activities and conducts financial analysis as appropriate;
- Conducts monthly variance analysis including narrative for monthly variance reports, and financial performance metrics;
- Responsible for providing varies monthly/quarterly/annual financial reporting.
- Responsible for providing internal/external ad hoc reporting requests with accurate and comprehensive reporting;
- Responds to and resolves issues and requests from management teams and Client regarding various financial issues and reports including budgeting and forecasting, rent rolls and ad hoc payments;
- Researches open issues and recognizes potential issues and/or conflicts so corrective action can be intercepted and minimize issues;
- Reviews, compares, and analyzes year end operating expense and tax reconciliation statements received from landlords to ensure expenses charged to client are in compliance with lease clauses. Requests additional information, assesses materiality and recommends action for additional audit and recovery.
- Conducts financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, TAX, CASH, etc.).
- Resolves critical issues for clients by researching and gathering information about payment transactions, lease terms and other relevant items.
- Acts as a team lead including providing workflow direction to co-workers and providing account supervision. Ensures data integrity and accuracy by performing quality control review of work completed by team members. Cross-checks and reviews work to ensure quality and accuracy of data prepared by team members for accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Financial Knowledge - strong knowledge of financial terms, concepts and accounting principles and the ability to comprehend and interpret complex financial transactions. CPA/CMA designation is preferred (or in progress).
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
- Other Skills and Abilities - Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products), database applications and spreadsheet design. Ability to work well under pressure.
Find out more