Founded in 1999, MHS is a full-service provider of innovative material handling systems that solve the challenges of distribution and fulfillment operations. We build, engineer and maintain systems for some of the biggest companies in the world, including UPS, FedEx, Walmart, Amazon and others. MHS is already one of the 10 largest material handling system suppliers worldwide, and we only expect to continue growing. We’re looking for top talent to be part of the journey.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineer to design and develop professional quality web applications. Responsibilities include gathering user requirements, defining system functionality and developing web applications using Angular. Our ideal candidates are familiar with the software development life cycle from preliminary system analysis to tests and deployment.
Ultimately, the role of the Software Engineer is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design. The candidate must be able to effectively create technical documentation for product training and implementation.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Design and build responsive web applications
- Create and maintain Angular libraries, components, and directives
- Integrating authentication services into base product
- Enhance UI platform to utilize mobile technologies
- Develops documentation to support use of internally developed applications
- Provides training and guidance to project teams implementing these applications
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field (CS, MIS, etc.)
- 6+ years working in UI Development
- Professional Angular experience required
- Strong background working with relational database technologies
- Strong source and version control principles
- Comfortable working in TypeScript or ES6
- Working ability to use HTML5, CSS
- Database skills in SQL Server
- Strong team and communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt in a high-growth organization
WORK ENVIRONMENT : This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, etc.
TRAVEL: Travel required, up to 10%
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
It is the policy of Material Handling Systems, Inc (MHS) and its affiliated companies to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, citizenship status (if authorized to work in the U.S.), or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, MHS will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.