ASM GLOBAL, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Catering Sales Manager position for ASM GLOBAL/SAVOR...Reno-Sparks. SAVOR... Reno-Sparks is proud to be the exclusive Food & Beverage provider at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center, National Bowling Stadium, Reno Events Center and the Reno Livestock Events Center. Responsible for working in conjunction with other members of the sales staff to market the venues and specific event-related promotions to increase revenue and provide assistance to the F&B team as need to facilitate events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management.
- Works closely with clients and event staff to book catering needs at assigned properties
- Quotes rates and assists with formal license agreements
- Prepares BEOs, finalizes event details, and ensures contracts are signed
- Works closely with all other departments to ensure client satisfaction and all requests are fulfilled to include but not limited to specialty meals, room set-ups, timing, etc.
- Collects payment at time of event closing and follows up as necessary
- Assists the Sales team in accomplishing sales and marketing goals, promotes the facility and product, secures new business and maintains relationships with repeat clients
- Sends client pre-event information and confirms orders and/or changes
- Handles pre-event correspondence and meetings to ensure an excellent client experience
- On-site and available during events
- Assists Sr. F&B Manager in developing sales and achieving guest survey goals
- Perform basic operational duties as a working manager
- Creates a positive and cooperative working relationship with all departments and within the F&B team
This position has limited supervisory responsibilities for employees or interns in the F&B Department. Cratering Sales Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM GLOBAL's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate degree from a College or University in Marketing, Hospitality or related field preferred
- Minimum 2 years catering sales related experience required
- Facility/industry experience preferred
- Experience within a food and beverage department required
- Or similar combination of education and experience required
Skills and Abilities
- High aptitude for figures and advanced writing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Have the ability to take direction and effectively organize and supervise all staff
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced setting
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form
- Maintain an effective and professional working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons, tenants and others encountered in the course of employment
- Implement and follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur
- Work according to established standards and procedures set by ASM Global leaders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have working knowledge of spreadsheet software and work processing software and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. EBMS and CaterEase knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekend and holiday shifts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events. In addition, the position may include but is not limited to:
- Position requires walking and standing regularly
- Daily lifting and carrying up to 20-50 lbs up to 10 minutes at a time
- Constant reaching, standing, walking and stooping
- Performing work through repetitive eye/hand coordination
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Must be able to balance and have good manual dexterity
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (775) 229-7548.
ASM GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.