Manages various sales teams such as outsides sales, inside sales, channel sales or third party sales responsible for market penetration through campaigns that deliver incremental revenue from new and/or existing clients. Defines and communicates the sales process and the sales effectiveness drivers. Leads and fosters co-operation and collaboration with other functions within the business to maximize efficiency to provide an integrated response to clients' needs. May be responsible for contract renewal activities for existing clients.
What Part Will You Play?
- Contributes toward the strategic marketing and sales plans and defines key markets and products. Participates in setting the commercial development strategies to support licensing and value-added sales in order to maximize the conversion of new sales leads into new clients and new business. Develops methodologies and processes to provide effective consultative sales support to new sales and client services team. Generates and delivers consistent financial and technical information to Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) to maximize conversion of new sales and accelerate revenue/client growth.
- Directs commercial and contractual negotiations to secure a profitable financial return on the investment and on the resources deployed into the sign up and the implementation of new clients and new business. Conducts full due diligence throughout the whole negotiation phase leading into contract stage.
- Designs pricing models for licensing fees, annual fees, professional service fees, and value added services. Packages new products and services for cross sale to existing clients. Monitors revenue generation in order to secure delivery of financial objectives established in the annual budget. Secures invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Identifies, negotiates and secures potential business partnerships in order to enhance products and services to new and existing customers with the objective to offer latest technology and innovation in the electronic payments area.
- Provides the oversight and control over all aspects of the sales process including qualification criteria and the allocation of leads and opportunities to Sales Managers, solution design guidance and approval, content of final response, approval on final customer prices and all legal and commercial negotiations. Engages in the negotiations with the customers to finalize the deal when required. Maintains accurate pipelines to ensure revenue forecasts are properly reported.
- Evaluates industry trends and collaborates with Marketing and business lines to create, establish and implement campaigns (e.g., product white papers, direct marketing campaigns, webinars) designed to increase market and product penetration. Contributes to social media data fees via our corporate channels. Coordinates product launches, sales and marketing efforts, pricing, and contract negotiations for product and services promotion. Develops and maintains relationships with key internal and external stakeholders within the Payment Card Industry.
- Directs campaigns to drive market penetration. Sets the target client profile and metrics to be met by the sales team for the campaign. Approves campaign budget and agent activities and reviews results to determine further investment decisions into that market. Evaluates and assesses industry trends and specific strategies being implemented by key competitors. Works with product and other key internal stakeholders to create market competitive offerings and specific sales strategy to win business from the competition.
- Establishes territory or prospective assignments, sales targets and addressable market. Assists with design and development of sales incentive programs and administers the sales incentive plan. Develops reporting showing revenue projections and actuals for new clients to share with senior management and for budget purposes.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Commerce, Administration or Business required.
- Minimum of 10 years B2B sales experience.
- Related professional experience including a minimum of 5-6 years experience in a managerial position.
- Proven track record in building and management successful sales team.
- Outstanding presentation and relationship skills.
- Experience managing budgets, P&L and sales KPIs.
- Coaching and leadership skills.
- Master's Degree
- Related field of study from an accredited university.
- Prior payment or technology industry experience is preferred.
Global Payments Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Global Payments provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by law. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.