Account Executive, Canada
Friday, July 9, 2021
Savvas Learning Company (formerly Pearson K12 Learning) is a global education company that produces award-winning learning solutions that empower educators and engage students with the highest quality content.
Recognized as an industry leader, we serve millions of K-12 learners with innovative, student-centered educational programs that turn today’s classrooms into active learning environments. By embracing technology, personalized learning, and immersive experiences delivered across multiple platforms, we design our learning solutions to be more accessible and relevant to each student.
Our comprehensive solutions for core curriculum, and supplemental and intervention programs - supported by an array of professional development services - allow teachers to use data to inform classroom practices and tailor instructions to an individual’s abilities and learning styles.
Responsible for identifying opportunities, developing a sales pipeline of valid opportunities and closing new business in assigned Canadian provinces. The Account Executive, Canada will represent the brand and reputation of Savvas products, services, and solutions in assigned accounts and be accountable for achieving and exceeding revenue objectives for the assigned accounts.
- Achieve and exceed the Savvas PreK-12 sales revenue goal in assigned sales and operational expense budgets. Accountable working within assigned sales operational budgets.
- Work with the Regional Manager, Canada and VP of International to translate vision and strategy into effective sales actions to maximize profitable revenue across all Savvas PreK-12 products, services, and solutions in assigned accounts.
- Partner with the highest level of decision-makers within Canada provinces to present broad Savvas solutions that include instruction, assessment, technology, and services solutions to increase student achievement within the division or district.
- Identify solution and point opportunities in assigned territory and mobilize Market resources to bring Savvas PreK-12 expertise to opportunities to win the business. Resolve territory product and service delivery issues.
- Develop three-year account business plans including an annual sales plan in support of organizational goals and objectives incorporating articulated customer needs and funding criteria.
- Prepare sales and pipeline reports showing secured sales, potential sales, and sales opportunity areas implementing the use of strategic sales analytics in assigned accounts.
- Seek new solutions opportunities for growth in the sales territory.
- Coordinate field input to product management, product development, and marketing groups in advance of sales cycles to ensure instructional needs are met with effectiveness and innovation.
- Provide the Regional Manager, Canada accurate information regarding all aspects of the sales activities in assigned states (sales and budget forecasting, competition analysis, strategy adjustments, sampling effectiveness, market trends, etc.).
- Build relationships with other Savvas divisions and develop and oversee integration plans to maximize revenue opportunities and construct solutions that meet customer needs across elementary, secondary, supplemental, technology, assessment, and services development channels.
- Responsible for meeting sales goals in assigned territory as assigned by management. Representing all aspects of Savvas products, services, and solutions in assigned accounts including maximizing profitable revenue, improving market share, developing growth strategies, coordinating marketing plans, and working within assigned operating budgets. Leading divisions and districts towards transformational change in the delivery of educational content that improves student achievement.
- Identify and collaborate with the Regional Manager and VP of International to develop market strategies, bring winning expertise and appropriate market resources to each opportunity in assigned accounts in order to achieve and exceed Savvas’s Pre-K12 sales expectations in Canada.
- 5 years Canadian sales experience in a sales-driven, quality-oriented organization, ideally in Ontario.
- Successful sales experience in the K12 educational market required.
- Proven success in consistently exceeding sales targets.
- Proven experience networking with and influencing decision-makers.
- Ability to drive decision-makers to Savvas sales solutions.
- Previous success as a strategic sales thinker and an outstanding communicator with a record of executing sales plans.
- Flexible and adaptable approach to a changing organization.
- Strong communication skills, both in writing and presentations, leveraging technology.
- Must have excellent listening skills in delivering customer requested solutions.
- High learning curve when it comes to gaining knowledge of new and existing product lines and solutions.
- Ability to use, demonstrate, stay current and drive technology trends internally and externally.
- BA; business management, education or related field; or BA with excellent work-related experience.
More About Us
Savvas Learning Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Pay Type