ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF A STARTUP BUSINESS THAT'S PROVIDING A LIFE CHANGING PRODUCT?
DO YOU ENJOY LEADING A TEAM?
DO YOU WANT TO DO WORK THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE?
DO YOU ENJOY A FAST PACED, INNOVATIVE ENVIRONMENT THAT'S LEARNING CONSTANTLY AND ALWAYS LOOKING FOR EFFICIENCIES?
Reports to: Client Services Director (CSD)
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Job Status: Full time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
This mission centered position works closely with the Client Services leadership team (lead, supervisor, manager, director) to ensure efficient and effective day to day operations of the Client Services department by focusing on continuous process improvements and staff development
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and initiate departmental process improvements through technical troubleshooting, development, testing, training, and implementation
- Responsible for ongoing coaching and development to CSS and Client Services Supervisor related to team development and personal growth.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining a fully trained team of Client Services Specialists (CSS).
- Main point of contact for Client Services team and Supervisor for daily support and problem solving
- Ability to work all roles within the VT positions and challenge current processes to create department efficiencies.
- Work through day to day issues within database systems, shipping issues, and/or unforeseen situations
- Ensure timely and satisfactory resolution of any and all client concerns, problems or issues.
- Serve as a resource for client services team by maintaining open lines of communication.
- Ensure CS department work instructions, SOPs, and training documents are up-to-date
- Track and monitor performance utilizing our metrics and reports to determine improvement strategies and tactics for staff development and overall customer service levels
- Maintain strict confidentiality of donor, recipient and patient information.
- Assist as needed, in the set-up and training of new clients, partners and facilities.
- Establish, strengthen and maintain professional working relationships with all external and internal partners.
- Attend national and local conferences, meetings and events as needed.
- Exhibit a professional demeanor towards all clients, partners and facilities
- Availability to be on call, as needed, after hours for business related matters.
- Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select and hire humble, hungry and smart people.
- Maintain quality results through continued training of competencies and performance assessments; ensure appropriate documentation.
- Develop and maintain staff schedule, approve time sheets and PTO as appropriate.
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with Saving Sight’s overall culture and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, email and regular interpersonal communication.
- Maintain Client Services productivity by monitoring workload of functional areas, proactively make operational adjustments as required.
- Assist CSM with providing effective performance feedback through the performance management process, employee recognition, rewards and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
- Interface with external stakeholders and serve as the subject matter expert for Client Services operations.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired is required.
- Continual training and certification as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of two (2) years manager/supervisor experience required.
- Proven ability to supervise and lead a minimum of 6 direct reports.
- A minimum of five (5) years customer service and/or call center experience required.
- Strong coaching and development skills required.
- Strong knowledge of ophthalmology (various specialties, anatomy of the eye) preferred.
- Successful history in client retention and relationship building.
- Ability to manage and handle stress and crisis while showing good judgment.
- Ability to think strategically and plan work around attaining goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and phone communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, general database, and web-based applications.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle mental and physical strain involved in use of printed materials, prolonged use of computer screens and extensive phone usage.
- Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboarding.
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required.
- Ability to lift and move 20 pounds is required.
- Normal office environment combined with normal outdoor exposures.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Management: 1 year (Required)
- One location