Technical Support Engineers (TSE) partner with customers to ensure their success through deep technical knowledge of Products , Platforms and Systems . TSEs respond to and anticipate technical needs to help maintain or accelerate our customers' development schedule, building customer loyalty and gaining a reputation as trusted technical partners. TSEs advocate for our customers recommending Platform and System improvements to R&D, providing customer insight to sales, and make sure NI is ready to support new Products and Systems.Key Responsibilities
Resolves technical issues for customers focusing on Enterprise and Strategic Tiers
- With advanced Product, Platform and System technical knowledge a Senior TSE accompanies our customers at any point of the Customer Journey, resolving technical issues to ensure customer success.
- Partners with Sales to recommend a support strategy for targeted accounts.
- Resolves platform and systems issues escalated by NI Stakeholders across all regions.
- Manages critical escalations to R&D and maintains relationship with R&D Support Coordinators and Developers.
Builds customer & department technical proficiency through standard services
- Educates other TSEs through advanced or customized trainings & continuous educations.
- Provides paid technical consulting (e.g. upgrade assistance, code reviews, project onboarding) when the predominant need is platform and system expertise. displaying technical proficiency and good communication with stakeholders, and scope/risk assessment skills demonstrated through Technical Assessments.
Captures and documents knowledge/processes to enable self-service resolution and department proficiency.
- Consistently applies KCS methodology in all cases and escalations, enabling customers to self-serve by creating and editing Knowledge Base, How-To, and other content forms.
- Identifies content gaps and provides feedback to the content team.
- Partners with R&D to create and update internal training and product documentation
- Drives the creation/update of New Product/System Support Plans partnering with R&D, product planning and Support Operations. Communicates the strategy with their region.
Advocates for the customer experience within the company
- Provides feedback on improvements to the customer experience to relevant teams cross-functionally
- Reports design, reliability, or maintenance issues or bugs to R&D
- Contributes to team development by sharing customer insights
- Bachelor’s of Engineering or Computer Science required; preferred Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of work experience in a customer-facing technical role or other relevant industry experience.
- Experience owning and advocating for customer issues or needs.
- Experience prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages is required. (LabVIEW experience is preferred).
- Availability to travel up to 20% of time throughout the US and Canada.
- RF characterization or RF automated test experience strongly preferred.
- Semiconductor or aerospace, defense, and government (ADG) experience preferred.
- Communication – You are comfortable communicating technical concepts to a range of backgrounds, one-on-one, or in front of a group. You confidently lead conversations to uncover customer’s technical, business, and personal needs.
- Problem Solver – Integrates information from disparate sources to identify underlying causes and find creative solutions. Driven to find a solution where others could not.
- Technical – Advanced expertise of electronic circuit design concepts and electronic instrumentation. Experience developing scalable, reusable code. CLA, CTA or CLED certifications are highly preferred.
- Dynamic – Thrives in an environment where the work changes from day to day. You are fascinated by the multitude of ways that engineers and scientists solve tomorrow’s grand challenges.
- Leader – Experience coaching and mentoring others, through formal or informal leadership roles.
- Domain – Experienced in the test and measurement industry. The ideal candidate may have a background in one of NI’s target market segments – industry certifications are desirable
NI does not petition for H-1B visas for this position
NI is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.