Job Title: Business Development Representative
Territory: Houston marketplace
Ranger Security is full-service security company located in Houston and servicing the entire state of Texas. We provide highly trained and experienced security guards, patrol services, and armed and unarmed protection services.
What we're looking for:
You’re a performance-driven sales representative who thrives on exceeding sales targets and delivering meaningful value to your customers. You have direct experience finding new business and getting contracts signed.
As a Business Development Representative, you will leverage your existing relationships with mid-market and SMB clients all while opening doors to new prospects. Using your prospecting and hunting skills along with your exceptional new account selling skills, you will call on businesses such as apartment high rises, shopping centers, restaurants, and nursing homes.
You are a skillful listener who quickly gets to the heart of a customer's need and how solutions might enhance their business. You love selling and opening new doors even if this means cold calling to find new business. You have started your sales career but are really looking for an opportunity to take the next step presenting solutions that will help local Houston businesses remain safe and secure.
- Managing the business development cycle for opportunities assigned to and/or sourced by the BDR. The sales effort will be led with the highest degree of integrity and with accountability for results.
- Using the CRM and other tools provided by Ranger Security to document all sales activity, accounts, contacts, and meeting notes.
- Documenting and maintaining the CRM for opportunities, including amounts, close dates, next steps, and opportunity revenue categories.
- Gathering lists of potential leads from organizations, groups, and networking.
- Sourcing new opportunities and relationships through cold calling over the phone, email outreach, and other prospecting activities.
- Participating in trade shows and networking groups to build more relationships, market the Ranger Security Brand, and source more business opportunities.
- Collaborating with Ranger Security, lead generation, and pre-sales functions to ensure a smooth business development process, and contribute to building a unified, high-performing team.
- Own the entire sales process.
- Close new business hitting monthly and quarterly sales targets.
- Execute sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner, always assuring a favorable impression of self and of the company.
- Demonstrable ability to work directly with the sales manager and owner.
- 1+ year of outside sales experience. Direct experience selling into Houston small and medium size companies a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of developing sales pipeline and forecasting.
- Professional sales account management.
- Strong presentation and closing skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player, willingness to learn with a great attitude.
- Direct experience getting contracts signed against targeted metrics preferred.
- A network of contacts with small to medium size businesses a plus, but not required.
- 4-year degree or 2-year business degree preferred but not required.
What we offer:
- Work with a talented, passionate and ambitious team within a growing company.
- An uncapped earning potential with an aggressive commission plan.
- Base compensation of $40,000-$60,000 depending on experience.
- Growth and advancement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- On the road