Norwalk Furniture Gallery has an immediate opening for a showroom manager and inside sales professional to manage their showroom and contribute to the growth of their business.
As Showroom Manager, you will oversee the operations of Norwalk Furniture Gallery’s retail store providing directions and guidance to customers while driving sales results.
Our manager will develop teamwork and bring out the best in our staff, while delivering great customer service.
The successful candidate will plan and direct the work of the store operations including, overseeing merchandising, order processing and generating sales leads, as well as a continued focus on customer service.
In addition, an important part of your role will be to work directly with customers to gain an understanding of needs and understand inspirations.
Successful candidates will have a strong work-ethic, a desire to drive towards sales goals, along with excellent communication (listening and speaking), decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Speak Comfortably and Demo Hunter Douglas and Custom Window Treatment products in Showroom
- Ability to sell stock items like furniture, rugs, and accessories
- Qualify Customer for scope of need and budget
- Enter Customer leads into "the Link" salesforce program - both for Hunter Douglas and furniture design projects
- Open and close the store
- Answer phones and handle customer inquiries
- Schedule deliveries and installations
- Handle claims and shipping damages with vendors
- Understand and demo basic home automation
- Work point of sale transactions
- Positive and Friendly Demeanor
- Critical Thinker
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- 3-5 years' experience in either retail, design, or sales
- Awareness of the design industry
- Have energetic and professional appearance
- Familiarity with a CRM
- Compensation will be hourly with bonus incentives
- If you have the personality and leadership skills to help Norwalk motivate those around you and generate more business, we'll share our business experience with you to ensure you're a knowledgeable and respected resource to employees and customers alike.
- If you're successful, we'll all be successful which is why we offer bonuses to be sure your able to share in our growth.
- We do not offer health insurance. If health insurance is a necessity for you, please do not apply as we do not offer it.
Norwalk Furniture Gallery is a Hunter Douglas dealer and home design studio. Family owned business, with lots of growth opportunity.
Hours of operation: Thursday-Saturday 11am-4pm
We are an equal opportunity employer.
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE ASSESMENTS INCLUDING THE TELEPHONE INTERVIEW TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION. APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT COMPLETE THE ASSESSMENTS AND TELEPHONE INTERVIEW WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Retail management: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location