The exciting, fast growing Digital Industry software division of Siemens is actively recruiting Technical Consultants for our Professional Services Migration Practice team. The Migration Practice team focus’ on assisting customers with the transition and migration from legacy systems to the Siemens digital twin.
As a Siemens Implementation Consultant, you are a technical resource implementing migration solutions while building strong relationships with project teams and customers helping them realize their industry vision. This position requires excellent skills in interpersonal communications, process improvement, as well as configuration of software.
As part of the Professional Services team, you will work with Consultants, Solution Architects, Project Managers, Industry Experts and Product Development teams to ensure project and customer success.
The Migration Practice works with customers to plan and develop a strategy for the retirement of a legacy system. Assisting in the understanding of the legacy systems data and structure. We apply out of the box tools, or custom process, necessary to move the data from the source to the new target. This typically involves iterative testing cycles of process. The data is validated for data quality and thoroughness and documented. After a successful validation, the production migration is executed, and support provided for post go-live issue resolution.
- Leverage industry best practices and templates for the Siemens Software solution delivered to provide customer value.
- Moving data to architected customer solutions of a single product domain to address the customers’ business requirements.
- Responsible for the consulting and technical expertise in legacy system data extraction, translation, and loading, into Siemens software solutions.
- Deliver on project activities to maintain scope, cost, schedule and quality.
- Communicate project processes, progress by interacting with the project team/project management to support customer expectations and support customer adoption.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Good communication skills at various levels throughout an organization.
- Requires strong customer and communication skills; self-starter.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) skills – Intermediate
- BS degree in Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering, Computer Science, Technology or equivalent technical field.
- Minimum two years of experience implementing or supporting Siemens Teamcenter Product Lifecycle Management software or other PDM/PLM systems such as Enovia, Windchill, Aras, PDM Professional.
- Experience with meta data migration, mapping, data validation.
- Minimum two years of experience with Software Development Lifecycles (SDLC) best practices, standards, and testing.
- Familiarity with programming languages and tools such as SQL, JAVA, C++, C#, VB, XML.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.