Rival Technologies is looking for a Product Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You’ll bring experience supporting enterprise grade software delivery. This is an opportunity to experience the early days of a growing technology company that will allow you to put your signature on the direction of the architecture and engineering culture.
You will be involved in the entire product lifecycle for our chat-based market research platform. In collaboration with the product development team, you will combine a data-driven approach with industry best practices to bring elegant solutions to the market research industry.
But, why us for your next career adventure?
When you join Rival Technologies, you’re joining a high-growth startup solving a massive problem for the $76-billion research industry. We’re developing voice, video and chat solutions that allow global brands to get richer and more accurate insights on the attitudes, opinions and preferences of their customers.
By allowing companies to engage consumers via modern technologies that people use, we’re boldly taking the insights world to its next phase — and we’re looking for great talent to join this rocket ship. Could that be you?
A few reasons why you should choose Rival: You’ll be helping market a company with an innovative product and a lot of momentum.
- We are currently a remote-first workplace and offer a Home Office Stipend, Monthly Internet Stipend and Corporate Cellphone Plan to make sure you are comfortable, connected and well set up in your space,
- A culture that’s built on trust and hard work, while still having a good time,
- Leadership that invests in you, your development and career growth,
- An education budget so you can stay sharp within your role,
- We have a lineup of customers many could only dream of working with, including Warner Bros., Jagermeister, the Vancouver Canucks and the ViacomCBS,
- We compensate fairly. We are committed to pay equity/fair pay practices and closing the gender salary gap. Our compensation package includes:
- Competitive salary,
- 100% employer paid benefits plan including paramedical and mental health support,
- Generous vacation allowance,
- Self-managed approach to sick, personal and mental health days, and
- Parental leave top up just to name a few!
- Competitive salary,
Interested? Yeah. We thought you might be.
This Might Be The Role For You If:
- You strive to unearth the root problems that plague our customers before presenting any potential solutions.
- You build products that solve today's problems while simultaneously setting the stage to evolve the product for tomorrow’s needs.
- You take pride in breaking down large problems into easy-to-understand pieces that are readily actionable by engineering.
- You are comfortable with abstractions and system-wide thinking.
- You use data-driven and market research techniques to back up your decisions.
- You understand that mistakes are part of the game. You own them and learn from them.
- You understand that your colleagues make mistakes. You identify them and assist them in understanding the issue.
- You manage tight deadlines, resource constraints, and prioritizing competing features.
- Your written and verbal communication is impeccable.
- You leave your ego at home and boldly speak up when you have concerns.
- You seek to be an expert on all things related to market research and building a platform that delights our customers.
- You have a "one-team" mentality; we succeed as a group and, in failure, learn together.
What You'll Do:
- Discovery: Working directly with stakeholders and customers to understand product needs, validate hypotheses, and gather data to fully understand the problem space.
- Requirements writing: Creating long-lived user-centric requirements documentation, including information models, behaviour models, and other artifacts that crystalize the customer's problem for engineering.
- User testing: Collaborating with the UX team to create scripts and use case scenarios that simulate real-world behaviour to optimize workflows.
- Story mapping: Building end-to-end user journeys and defining acceptance criteria for each step along the way.
- Product ownership: Iterating and maintaining a product backlog and fully participating in team rituals with the scrum team.
- Knowledge transfer: Acting as the liaison between the R&D group and sales, marketing, customer success and technical support.
- Measuring success: Reporting on product usage statistics and feature uptake, while constantly looking to improve and streamline workflows.
What You'll Have:
- You have 3+ years’ experience as a product manager, with:
- Experience working for a SaaS-based software company.
- Project management and planning experience, including coordinating multiple bodies of work with varying deadlines and changing priorities.
- A proven track record of execution and accountability.
- Experience working with microservice architectures.
- Agile methodologies and working with scrum teams.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Background as a software developer, business analyst, or software architect.
- Experience within the market research industry.
- Understanding of security best practices, working in a SOC2 and HIPAA environment.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of productivity tools.
- Experience documenting REST APIs.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma.
- Familiarity with the AWS technology stack.
If you think you’re a good fit, please connect with us ASAP with your resume. Please note, you must be eligible to work in Canada to be considered for this role. We thank everyone for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted.
COVID-19 UPDATE: Please note that all Rival employees are working remotely for the time being as the health & safety of our employees and their families is extremely important to us. All interviews will be conducted via Zoom and the position will be 100% work remote until internal work from home restrictions are lifted.
No recruiters and no phone calls, please!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. Rival Technologies Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, age, ancestry, gender, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.