DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Title: PBM Pricing Strategies Analyst/Analyst Sr
Preferred locations: Wallingford, CT; Mason, OH; Indianapolis, Indiana; Richmond, VA; Atlanta, GA; Minneapolis, MN; Chicago, IL; California (open to considering other locations)
Status: Full-time, Bonus Potential
The PBM Pricing Strategies Analyst/Analyst Sr is responsible for the analysis and development of Pharmacy Benefits (PBM) pricing strategy for assigned Administrative Services Only (ASO) lines of business.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluates pricing position, assists with claims analysis, and prepares and uses underwriting tools to develop price quotes in response to renewal requests and RFPs.
- Collaborates with sales and account management across Pharmacy & Medical to develop appropriate client retention and sales strategies and provides accurate pricing documentation to support the sale.
- Works with Proposals to complete RFP documentation in a timely manner. Participates in and supports client negotiations and post-sale activities (e.g., client contract review, billing set up, implementation support
- Implements new processes, process improvements, and best practices related to guarantee monitoring and ASO passback activities.
- Creates and implements metrics and supports performance measures to establish performance objectives for revenue maximization.
- Creates tools and processes to monitor margin revenue and client retention.
- Monitors revenue performing below thresholds and implements necessary tasks to bring performance to or above targets.
- Implements pricing in the system related to margin.
- Supports the Pharmacy Services team in implementing future revenue, member expansion and growth capacity.
There is only one opening at this time and the level of position that a candidate will be hired for, will be determined based on skill set and experience.
Requirements for Analyst
- BA/BS in Finance or related field
- 1+ years of experience with Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM), data analysis
- Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 2+ years of experience with a Health Plan or Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM)
Requirements for Analyst Sr
- BA/BS in Finance or related field
- 3+ years of experience with Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM), data analysis
- Any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.