Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
We are currently seeking a Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer that is responsible for the design and architecture of security solutions that apply new and existing technologies to solve business needs. You will perform on-site and remote client consulting projects, from a pre-sales perspective. This position will also be responsible for positioning, demonstrating, assessing, designing, developing, and implementing enterprise security solutions, as well as providing ongoing support to VLCM's clients. This position works closely with sales representatives, helping VLCM's customers to address security challenges.
- Assess, design, and architect solutions and services for clients, based on VLCM's proven security solution set.
- Communicate technical capabilities of proposed solutions based on customer business and technical requirements.
- Assist customers with "Proof of Concept" (POC) of proposed solutions based on customer business and technical requirements.
- Work with sales department to provide pre-sales updates and reports detailing project deliverable status including challenges and other opportunities to meet customer's business requirements.
- Create "Bill of Materials" (BOM) and a detailed "Scope of Work" (SOW) documents for qualified sales opportunities from interactions with the client and VLCM team members.
- Respond to RFI/RFPs.
- Provide clients with up-to-date documentation for the duration of projects.
- Conduct presentations of technical concepts for clients. Design security solutions and services for clients.
- Complete partner and vendor technical certifications, as required.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Strong knowledge and experience around cybersecurity operations, tools, and concepts.
- Broad information technology professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- Six or more years of professional experience in IT security.
- Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills. Must be able to effectively coordinate across various groups and functional teams, both inside and outside of the business.
- Note that travel is an integral expectation of this position, as the needs of our customers and business requires.
- Must have valid driver's license.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Security certifications.
- IT consulting experience, ideally focused in cybersecurity.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Find more work-life integration with work-from-home and remote opportunities
- Experience working with the most exciting emerging technologies in the industry (including solutions in Cybersecurity, Cloud, Data, Networking, Virtualization, and more).
- Enjoy nonstop engagement and autonomy
- Great health benefits, including HSA (with company contribution), dental, and vision.
- 401(k) with matching company contribution
- Life, short-term disability, & long-term disability insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- No jerks in the building, just smart, great people to work with every single day!
WHO WE ARE
Some of our team members have described our culture as:
"Great people, everyone is appreciated and valued."
"Management is involved and encouraging they want us to succeed."
"The culture is fun, friendly, and creative."
"Executives trust we will do what is best for our customers and we trust that our executives will lead a healthy and growing company which looks out for us, our customers, and our partners/vendors."
"Positive work environment with strong leadership."
VLCM's goal is to provide an awesome culture, where people can grow and succeed while enjoying life at work and at home.
We accomplish this by providing the best technology solutions to businesses. Specifically, we connect customers with the best solutions for phone systems, laptops, data center infrastructure, cloud, cybersecurity, audio visual, physical security, cabling, managed print services, managed IT services, and internet services.