At RHK, we are passionate about hydraulic cylinders. Do you enjoy coming to work every day ready for a challenging project and want to have fun? Are you excited to make a difference by sharing your ideas and improvements? Do you do the right thing, the right way and do it safely all while focusing on customer success? We are seeking an individual that can learn quickly, pays attention to detail, is a strong team player with a strong safety compass. If this describes you, look no further; we want you to join our RHK family!
As the Chrome Plater/Polisher, you will...
- Preform all preparation prior to chrome plating such as cleaning, masking and blasting
- Operate plating equipment with efficiency and quality with minimal supervision
- Maintain chemical strength and proper levels of solution in tanks as per specifications
- Complete appropriate pre-start checklists to ensure the rectifier is adjusted to correct polarity, amperage output, and there are no conductive shorts
- Calculate the surface to be plated and set the rectifier controller to the appropriate/specified job
- Monitor and measure thickness of electroplating on parts in order to verify conformance to specifications using micrometers
- Test plating to determine adherence, thickness, quality, surface coverage and specified build up
- Notify lead hand of any discrepancies or non-conformance issues for resolution
- Grind, sand, clean or polish cylinders to correct defects or to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using hand and power tools
- Ensure use of personal protective equipment is always worn
- Be aware of and execute relevant policies, procedures, and tools related to quality, environmental, and health and safety
- Maintain company standards and conform to the requirements of the Quality Management System
- Work in a safe, team-oriented environment and participate as an active member of the implementation and execution of ‘Lean’ principles
- Participate regularly and actively in all aspects of the health and safety program including but not limited to safe work practices, habits, industrial hygiene and good housekeeping
- Other tasks as required
What do you bring to the team?
- 3+ years’ experience plating and/or chemical processing experience (or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a physically demanding job, with the ability to lift and move objects up to 50 lbs
- Highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced environment and self-motivated to meet deadlines, which supporting safety and quality programs
- Have a positive team-oriented attitude, strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills with the ability to read and write English
- Ability to read and interpret drawings is required
- Sound understanding of how to use a micrometer
- Ability to correctly handle chemicals and hazardous waste
- Electrical knowledge including positive/negative, anode/cathode placement, DC power supplies, and rectifiers
- Experience working with hazardous chemicals and acids and understand proper environmental disposal
- Demonstrated ability to operate an overhead crane in a safe manner
Established in 1990, RHK Hydraulics Cylinder Services is a privately-owned company dedicated to manufacturing and servicing hydraulic cylinders. We are known for our high standard of customer service and skillful customization of products to meet our client’s unique requirements. Based in Edmonton, Alberta, RHK services a wide range of clients worldwide in industries such as oil and gas, construction, agriculture, heavy machinery, forestry, mining, transportation, and utilities.
We are excitedly positioning ourselves for continued growth in the future by building a high-performance organization which is vision and purpose driven, built on our core values - safe and empowered team, raise the bar, and customer success.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $25.39-$42.31 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
masking, sanitization, covid screening
- Are you eligible to work in Canada?
- chrome plating/polishing: 3 years (preferred)