About Morrison Express Corporation
Established in 1972, Morrison Express Corporation has grown to become a leading global provider of freight forwarding and logistics services with a network of more than 300 company and partner offices on over five continents.
We are constantly looking beyond the traditional approach to global logistics and transportation management. We not only strive to deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions for our clients, we make certain we do.
Morrison Express has an experienced team of over 1,200 professionals around the world and are continuing to grow. If you are interested in a career opportunity with Morrison Express, we want to hear from you! Please complete the form on this page and we will get back to you just as soon as we can.
MORRISON EXPRESS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
The MEC (Morrison Express Corporation) Logistics Services Manager’s primary role is to manage warehouse Operations in Carson, within a 133,000 sq-ft warehouse. Will lead the entire warehouse team in terms of customer service (10 representatives) and daily activities (3 supervisors and 15 warehouse operators). Support on quotations, sales and warehouse visits for prospective customers.
Logistics Service Manager will also take care of supervision and leadership for other Morrison warehouses in the US, both MEC operated (DFW, MIA, ORD, ELP, SFO) and non-MEC operated (NJ, Northern California, etc.)
LAX2 P&L performance
- Operational quality
- Operational efficiency and meet Company set standards (KPIs)
- Station staffing and performance management
- Business development
1. Establish work procedures and standards that allow MEC to compete at the highest level of the logistics service providers in the USA.
2. Develop and maintains operational plans to include all business requirements. This includes: objectives, targets, labor hours, KPIs, action plans, and budgets consistent with goals set by management. Meet financial objectives for the facility.
3. Thorough experience on WMS; utilizing full functionality including RF.
4. Must be able to use management and performance functionality of WMS to drive efficiency.
TMS experience to include management of inbound and outbound loads, transload operations and KPI management.
5. Ensures all established costs, quality, and delivery commitments are met.
6. Coordinates activities with all other functions of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum productivity and utilization of human resources, IT, and equipment.
7. Reviews productivity and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational and customer service problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
8. Interviews, hires, and manages performance of employees.
9. Trains and ensures all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations.
10. Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
11. Maintain a clean and organized facility that is “tour ready" at all times.
12. To work closely with customers to develop the business opportunities and relationships.
13. Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the logistics and distribution business.
14. Establish rules and guidelines for MEC, USA’s Logistics activities.
15. Negotiate rates and contracts with service providers for drayage into the warehouse, recoveries from airport, distribution via LTL, forklift leases, temp agencies, amongst others.
16. Ensure compliance with rules and laws relating to USA warehousing and distribution regulations (CTPAT, OSHA, etc.).
17. Ensure safety standards in MEC’s logistics facilities.
18. Submit timely management reports.
1. Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in 3PL warehouse operations management experience, specifically pick and pack, CFS, receiving, put away, e-commerce and shipping
2. Proven experience with international freight management and US distribution.
3. Thorough knowledge of domestic trucking (LTL, FTL and Contract Carriage)
4. Proven experience in warehouse management and administration with emphasis on process analysis/engineering and cost analysis.
5. Experienced with Warehouse Management Systems. Microlistics experienced desired. TMS experience preferred.
6. Proven industry customer service and account management experience.
7. Strong tactical (hands-on) management experience
8. Experience managing at least 30 non-exempt associates. Leadership skills to support supervisors, customer service and warehouse floor teams.
9. Fluent in English. Mandarin Chinese and/or Spanish a plus.
10. BS or BA degree preferred or equivalent work experience