I. PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Surgical Sales Representative is responsible for the sale and ongoing support of the Company's product(s) in a specified region or major geographical area.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create demand for Sight Sciences products, within both company and industry compliant guidelines.
- Develop effective sales presentations to differentiate product(s) compared to current surgical glaucoma offerings with Ophthalmic surgeons within the assigned territory.
- Analyze data and manage territory to create an effective business plan including regular sales forecasting.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in industry and competitive products.
- Manage territory budget and resources.
- Complete administrative paperwork in a timely manner, and provide reports to Manager regarding established average call activity and feedback from physicians.
- Attend various sales training workshops, sales meetings, national/regional conferences, and relevant trade shows.
Maintains direct contact with customers before and after the sale:
- Pre-sale: Responds to customer inquiries to determine appropriate product literature and pricing schedules; influences production and shipping schedules.
- Post-sale: Responds to customer inquiries (RMA, status, delivery, etc.). Resolves production scheduling and shipping or invoicing problems; determines validity of warranty claims and schedules repair resources.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures that comply with FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR), ISO 13485, and any other applicable domestic or international requirements.
- Maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, distributors, consultants, vendors, and co-workers.
III. PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Successful sales track record in med device industry.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Strong sales presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as well as within a strong team environment.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
V. EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5+ years sales experience, with minimum of 3 years of selling devices in ophthalmology, with proven track record of success.
VI. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills necessary.
- Valid driver's license to travel to customer locations.
- Required residence in territory geography.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor???s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)