We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
This is a top software engineer job that incorporates everything you’ve worked so hard for. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe, it simply doesn’t get any more important than this.
Your impact as a seasoned technical problem-solver will mean you will be focused on building software that can not only scale for heavy use, but that can also evolve with new features and capabilities. And because this senior role is independent, you will have equal influence to drive the direction of the build, be an advisor to product leadership and mentor freshly minted software engineers in their new career.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Management and Development team members on technical design and problem solving to come up with compelling solutions to problems.
- Own all aspects of implementation for features from design to development, deployment to production, and support and maintenance.
- Quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, accounting for knowns and unknowns, in order to get to solid resolutions faster.
- Passion to mentor and guide engineers at all levels
- Define, evangelize and mentor on best practices and coding standards.
- Extensive experience reviewing code engineers of all levels.
- 12+ years of software development experience
- Extensive experience developing enterprise SaaS cloud applications
- Proven track record of building high volume products at scale
- Hands-on development experience with current open source tools and technologies (Java, Spring, MySQL, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Jenkins, AspectJ, Messaging, Solr, and Lucene)
- Drive and flexibility to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice