$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
Benefits include; Medical, Dental, Vision, Tuition Reimbursement, 403b Retirement Savings, PTO
Note: Trinity and current IHA staff are not sign-on bonus eligible.
The Patient Visit Specialist provides a high level of support and customer service for all patients and guests of the Cancer Center. Proactively coordinates the visit registration using all relevant systems and supports the patient visit through personalized attention to contact, check-in, follow-up and other guidance to ensure the patient has a positive experience with the process. Assures that patients who are unfamiliar with cancer center are personally guided to their destination and provide a "warm hand-off" to the staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs insurance verification and secures authorization required for any services provided in the cancer center; Interviews patients and gathers information to assure accurate and timely registration and insurance verification collecting complete and accurate financial and consent data during intake and registration process.
- Ensures that visit check-in is carried out efficiently to eliminate wait time when patients arrive on site through evaluation of upcoming day schedules and contacting patients as necessary.
- Provide optimal level of customer service and professionally resolves customer issues; Assists guests with any special requests and provides information on patient itinerary for the day and any future appointments
- Determines need for authorization for treatment/procedures and coordination of benefits as required.
- Determines appropriate payment required at point of registration.
- Responds to patient questions concerning their scheduled services, registration, insurance eligibility and payment requirements as related to their scheduled services.
- Demonstrates accountability to follow-up with patients concerning requests for information of action regarding their appointment and/or account.
- Interprets information collected to determine and create comprehensive patient and visit specific registration and billing records.
- Utilizes multiple system applications simultaneously to complete the scheduling, order management, pre-registration and insurance verification processes.
- Provides information to patients concerning hospital policies and regulatory requirements utilizing effective interpersonal and guest-relations skills.
- Reviews, analyzes and corrects report entries to ensure accurate scheduling and registration, and makes sure insurance and billing requirements are met prior to services being rendered.
- Verifies insurance coverage using Real Time Eligibility system tool for all scheduled services to facilitate accurate assignment of financial responsibility and claims submission.
- Responds to problems and questions from various departments.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of scheduling, registration and/or verification processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED; course work in insurance/billing, medical practice education or seminars are all preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience in a medical or physician office or comparable healthcare environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place