Position Title: Foodservice Sales Rep
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Oakbrook Terrace
Requisition ID: 9498
McCain knows the importance that food plays in people's lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. That is why our purpose is celebrating real connections through delicious, planet-friendly food. We do this by succeeding together with our teams, business and community partners around the world - because we know when we work and grow together, we succeed together. Be a part of our family.
We are seeking a Foodservice Sales Representative in Wisconsin to join our team!
The Foodservice Sales Representative will develop and expand McCain’s business within local Large Leveraged Operators (LLOs), Independent Operators and Local Multi Unit accounts to achieve budgeted volume and Gross Profit targets. Sell McCain Potato and Snack Food products on a direct basis to key restaurant operators within the assigned territory. Collaborate as appropriate with broker partners and McCain Area Sales Managers when required. Manage all aspects of the selling process utilizing approved McCain systems, policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop and become expert in McCain product knowledge and customer segment needs.
- Learn and utilize MSS to present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients, creating clear value propositions and unique solutions for all customers.
- Using Salesforce CRM, identify, develop and refine account profiles for the key operator customers within the assigned territory. Utilize the system regularly to capture sales calls, opportunities and wins.
- Develop and execute sales plans for key existing and potential customers on a semi-annual basis. This written plan should encompass strategies for menu growth and/or penetration and employ a customer needs-based sales approach.
- Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls.
- Conduct product and proposition presentations with operator accounts for Potato and Appetizer products with focus on customer needs/value. Understand and relate the results to the customer. Refine selling strategies based on the outcome.
- Leverage semester focus marketing programming, focus items and Power Products in development of customer propositions.
- For contract managed and GPO accounts, ensure product and pricing compliance.
- Interact on a regular basis through verbal and written communication with the Field Region Manager(s) and Broker(s). Communication should focus on operator programs/ pricing, distribution issues and sales opportunities.
- Provide support as needed for local broker or distributor training and market blitzes.
- Write and supply regular and/or ad hoc reporting as required.
- Utilize PROS CPQ system for pricing/contract management and approvals.
- Manage an individual expense account within budget guidelines.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 years sales experience, recent college graduates with sales experience are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Food industry preferred.
- Personal characteristics should include; a strong work ethic, the willingness and capability to be a self-starter, the ability to make informed, independent judgments, strong interpersonal skills, negotiating and communication at all levels of an organization.
- Computer skills must include: Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Familiarity of current McCain systems a plus.
- Work requires significant travel to current and potential clients. This requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to manage a large geographical territory requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and regular overnight travel.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Sales
Division: NA Sales
Department: US Area Sales
Location(s): Milwaukee || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Appleton || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Fort Atkinson || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Milwaukee || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Plover || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Rice Lake || US - United States of America : Wisconsin : Wisconsin Rapids
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.