YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments, and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 8 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behavior. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
As a Key Account Management Associate Director at YouGov, your core objective is to drive achievement of a sales target for the US through renewals, cross-selling and upselling, ultimately increasing the value of the 30+ or so YouGov America Key Accounts, year on year. The Key Accounts have been identified as clients with the biggest opportunities for growth and already represent some of the largest clients within the YouGov US client base. They come from a range of industries that include but are not limited to Alcohol, Retail, Tech, QSR, Gaming, CPG, Financial Services amongst others giving you exposure to a wide range of clients with diverse research needs.
Reporting into three Key Account Directors, you’ll be the only other day-to-day commercial support for the 30+ total Key Accounts. You will join client calls, be involved in RFPs, proposals, pricing discussions, both externally with the client themselves, but also internally with the different departments involved in the projects. The Associate Director will also support with CRM compliance in SalesForce and work closely with our finance department on how the team is pacing on sales for the year.
You will work with the three Account Directors to build up account growth plans for all existing clients in your account group, conduct research to better understand our clients and their internal organization structure, and also contribute to strategic targeting of for marketing to target and develop new business opportunities within these clients.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Relevant Studies - (Business, Marketing, Market research, or related subjects)
- Experience in a performance-driven role from a media or communications agency preferably but would also consider brand marketing and insights team experience
- Knowledge and experience (4-5 years) of Business Development and Key Account Management/Subscription Sales ideally from the Media, communications, or research agency world
- Ability to uncover client research needs by asking the right questions
- Appropriate solution & proposal development and collaborative sales experience
- Excellent grasp of research methodologies and applications to suit client objectives
Technical skills and qualifications
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Excellent written, oral and electronic communication skills
- Knowledge of CRM systems (SalesForce would be a plus) and PowerBI for sales reporting
- Working knowledge of Client management/Procurement systems like Ariba would be a plus
- Competent at building effective strategic relationships with clients
- Collaborate effectively within a project and team setting
- Passionate about data, research, tech & innovation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.