Have a passion for software? Join a world leader and make a difference! Transoft is making a huge difference to the transportation planning and design community. With offices around the world, Transoft Solutions is an international leader in the development of innovative software for the civil/transportation engineering profession. This year the company celebrates its 27th year and we are proud of the extent of our user foot print – over 30,000 users in 140 countries worldwide. The company’s success is a result of our amazing work culture, our innovative and highly sought-after products, and the superb customer service we deliver.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have an opening for an Key Account Manager at our office in Richmond, BC. This is an exciting opportunity for a sales professional who wants to develop with a rapidly growing company.
As Transoft’s ambassador for larger Key Accounts, the Key Account Manager (KAM) partners with stakeholders to ensure the value of Transoft’s software and service is being realized by their organizations on a regular quarterly basis. The KAM ensures that the Key Account is successful in adoption and use of Transoft’s software
- Work with multiple Business Units and Regional Functional Resources to accomplish strategic and tactical ABM and Strategic Selling activities, leveraging multiple resources efficiently for both Transoft and the client.
- Generate Expansion/Upgrade/New Licensing/Renewal Opportunities in a NAMED account territory consisting of US STATE DOTs, large multinational AECs (Architecture Engineering Construction), Canadian Provincial Governments, and Major Cities.
- Conduct executive level discussions through on-line meetings and conference calls, with a good grasp of the customer business objectives and operational needs.
- Generate business through existing and new customer channels.
- Ensure Maintenance and Subscriptions Contracts are renewed prior to expiration. Identify opportunities to upsell into allocated accounts. Work with Customer Success team and other departments to help maintain a continuous positive customer experience for the Key Accounts.
- Create a Business Plan to achieve Annual/Quarterly Sales Objectives across multiple products.
- Meet KPIs (Pipeline Generation, Opportunity Management, and Forecasting in CRM, Customer Retention and Account Management) in order to attain annual quota in a consistent manner, communicating the health of your business, and asking for help whenever needed.
- Attend Industry Events and onsite customer visits on a quarterly basis with trip objectives clearly established and approved based on new business development.
- Conduct executive level discussions through on-line meetings and conference calls, with a good grasp of the customer needs.
You are passionate about selling technology. You are convincing and trustworthy. You know how to demonstrate savings in costs and efficiencies. You bring the proverbial ‘rain’. You have proven experience selling at all levels from a user level to executive level in customer organizations. You are accustomed to selling high-volume, mid-range B2B software preferably within niche markets. You absolutely love to win and can’t stand the thought of losing to competition. Possessing an entrepreneurial spirit and drive, you are vibrant and can motivate everyone around you. You ask a lot of questions and are never, ever satisfied with ‘good enough.’
Experience and Qualifications:
- You have a post-secondary degree/diploma in sales, business or related field.
- Your Professional Sales training is a definite plus.
- You have at least 5 years of selling software, preferably in a B2B environment, quota carrying track record and account management (diplomacy/advocate) experience.
- Any Civil Engineering and CADD experience is advantageous but not critical.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- You have excellent presentation skills and can communicate effectively, respectfully, and tactfully. You understand that listening is an important part of communication and very important part of customer service. You build and nurture profitable long-term customer relationships centred on trust and communication.
- You have initiative and are a continual learner. You understand that there is always a way to improve the customer experience.
- You are a Solution Provider and a catalyst for changing the status quo - resilient with a positive focus on what can be done rather than giving up.
- You are a team player, supporting the company vision and the team’s goals. Often the Key Account Manager is the leader of multiple resources to work within an account to help the Key Account be successful in adoption and use of TSI software. Working with marketing and other teams, you can generate new business development ideas.
- You have the ability to travel, including to and from the US. Limited travel is expected but reserved for planned corporate events, industry shows or important customer visits.
Since 1991, Transoft Solutions has developed advanced and highly specialized software solutions for aviation, civil infrastructure, transportation, and operational professionals. Our portfolio of planning, simulation, modeling, design, and road safety analysis solutions is used every day by thousands of organizations in over 150 countries worldwide. Clients include government agencies at the federal, state, county, and municipal levels, as well as major international airports and top engineering and architectural design firms. But we’re not just in the business of developing engineering software; we also believe in delivering outstanding sales and technical services.
We believe in teamwork, personal growth, superb customer service and continuous improvement. We like to celebrate our successes, our milestones, and our diversity. Transoft stands behind three building blocks for success: our Customers, our Products, and our People; and culture is a very integral part of our existence. We take every opportunity to enjoy and share the benefits of having large company ambitions and small company agility. We are engineers and developers, account managers and marketers, accountants, and administrators. Yes, we might be professional nerds, but after getting to know us, you’ll find that we are passionate, curious, generous, competitive and friendly. We work hard together to exceed our customers’ expectations. We also believe that it is important to leave this world in a better place and we strive to give back to our communities. Transoft is a diverse group, and we all benefit from the unique ideas, experiences and talents that make-up Transoft. We know that are greatest resource is the diversity of our people
We invite you to join us. We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package including pay-for-performance incentives, professional development opportunities, savings programs, group health benefits, family friendly policies and flexible work options. If you’re bright, creative, resourceful, and want to make a real difference rather than just be another ‘cog on the wheel’, join our team and start on a journey you won’t regret!
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.