Responsible for the retention and growth of the Medicare line of business (both Individual and Group) accounting for more than $400 million in annual revenue. Support membership growth through the development and implementation of process improvements for both new sales (group and individual) and the employer group renewal process. Coordinate the development and implementation of specific sales and growth strategies, working across multiple departments and teams, including business development, labor, advertising, client services, underwriting and planning and marketing support. Coordinate the development and implementation of Medicare Advantage sales strategies, compliance activities and oversight for both internal and external agents and agencies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Refine and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Auto Accounts Unit. Identify and escalate any areas of performance that fall outside of expected levels to sales leadership and senior management. Collaborate with sales team on possible solutions to any performance gaps.
- Maintain sales policies and procedures insuring that they are updated with new or revised regulations
- Conduct annual training (or as needed) with all sales agents as required by CMS
- Conduct continuous reviews / audits on sales agents and agencies
- Develop, maintain an up to date calendar of events for all agents and insuring that the appropriate notification is filed with regulatory agencies.
- Collaborate with account executives; sales leadership and planning and marketing support to assure that Request for Proposal (RFP) responses are accurate, complete, timely and compelling to the employer group, consultants and agents.
- Evaluate, and modify as necessary, sales presentations to assure consistent, accurate and compelling messaging and value proposition. Evaluate and provide feedback to sales team on “practice” presentations prior to delivery to selected clients.
- Identify opportunities for sales and product training and work with sales leadership and organizational development to provide necessary training for existing team and develop standardized training process for new employees within the sales and marketing department.
- Attend regular and/or critical meetings, events and sales functions with internal and/or external customers to promote HAP Products and Services. Plan and prepare for appropriate promotional materials to be distributed at various functions.
- Be the liaison for the Sales team and communicate effectively to provide expertise, knowledge and recommendations for seamless daily operations. Bring concerns and pending issues to the Director in a timely manner for balanced resolutions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree or an additional six (6) years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Minimum of five (5) years of successful health insurance sales experience in the Medicare market
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership and/or management experience.
- Familiarity with health plan operations and federal, and state regulations
- Familiarity with a broad range of health plan options (HMO, PPO, CDHP)
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record.
- Must be a licensed Agent with the state of Michigan in Accident Health & Life insurance.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Wright L. Lassiter, III, Henry Ford Health System is a
$6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites
including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and
other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system
now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one
of the nation’s oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the
health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region’s
major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and
remaining Michigan’s fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical
education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing
in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses,
pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visit HenryFord.com.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or
making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry
Ford Health System has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice
Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are
dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance
and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an
employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program
(Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health System is
committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to
race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height,
weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information,
or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.