Join an established, scaling and award-winning team at Trulioo (Truly-you)! Recognized as a “CNBC Disruptor 50 Company”, “Technology Pioneers” by the World Economic Forum, “Emerging Company of the Year” by the BC Tech Association, and KNOW Identity’s “Industry Leader of the Year!”
We are a Silicon Valley-funded tech company solving the problems of trust and safety online. To realize that goal we’ve built the world’s leading identity verification platform, enabling instant verification of 5 billion people and 330 million businesses in more than 100 countries through a single API. Hundreds of businesses worldwide depend on Trulioo GlobalGateway to help streamline and scale their customer onboarding, fraud prevention, and compliance operations across the world. We are headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, have a satellite office in Dublin, Ireland, and are expanding our US teams in both San Diego and Austin. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
We are seeking an innovative technical program manager to contribute to the development of new technology products for our company. In this role, your duties will include overseeing the various stages of product development and collaborating with multiple software development teams to ensure quality and on-time delivery of products to market. You will also be responsible for tracking and reporting on program timelines as well as deployment and integration of new products.
The right candidate for this role is someone who has both a strong technical background, and either technical management or program/product management background. You must have a diverse set of unblocking tools and mechanisms, resulting in an ability to cultivate relationships and earn trust with teams both inside and outside of your overall organization. A Technical Program Manager (TPM) will partner with engineers, other TPMs, Product Managers and senior management to help deliver world-class solutions and remove blockers.
Candidate must be comfortable managing multiple projects and possess the ability to facilitate technical whiteboard sessions to troubleshoot project implementation issues, and remove barriers to project success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and track jobs, clarify project scopes, proactively manage risks, manage project escalations, ruthlessly prioritize tasks, and problem-solve
- Ensure work being executed by engineering teams is aligned with corporate strategic business needs by understanding the Company’s Product and Engineering strategy
- Facilitate quarterly planning sessions
- Introduce best practices in tooling, automation, and process improvements.
- Individually oversee critical and sensitive programs that are highly technical & cross functional
- Coach teams to define program plans, success criteria, and then execute against the objectives
- Ensure cross functional alignment of goals & execution of release schedules for product initiatives
- Monitor team’s program status and rapidly identify issues / risks. Succinctly communicate issues to relevant stakeholders and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution.
- Serve as an escalation point and risk mitigator for your team by resolving blockers.
- Build and maintain relationships with critical stakeholders
- Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
- Exceptional organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with Engineering, Product Managers, Customer Success, Support, other internal stakeholders and report to management.
- Extensive experience in software product engineering, deployment, and integration.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Team player with a proactive approach who can work as part of a dynamic team and can take on unfamiliar tasks
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Ability to work in high-pressure environment often with tight deadlines
- People person - Impress and take initiative collaborating across X-functional teams
- A self-starter mentality and eager to learn and bring a curious mindset
- Methodical mindset to review and build existing data
- Proficiency in the English language with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are a must
- Follow through and drive execution is a must
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in technical program management or a similar role
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar.
- Good to have: Experience with identity verification products (or other relevant industries)
Working at Trulioo
A great place to work! Trulioo offers a fast-paced, dynamic, inclusive work environment where all employees have an impact. You will be challenged to achieve, develop, and grow as part of a hyper-growth company.
We offer you the opportunity to make a difference and create a better world by revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online. We are on a mission to make sure no one is left behind and everyone has the opportunity to participate fully in the modern digital economy. In order to do this well, diversity and inclusion have always been fundamental to our mission, our culture and our life. Trulioo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity and experience connects us with the customers and communities we serve, attracting top talent and passionate changemakers across the globe. Our mission matters – for billions of people everywhere. At Trulioo, we truly believe “everyone is someone” and we invite you to join our mission and celebrate the positive change we are making in the world.
Trulioo offers competitive compensation and extended benefits packages including dental, vacation and learning opportunities and programs. We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where everyone can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Trulioo is a growing company and while we thank everyone in advance for considering us, only those who are being considered will be contacted. For this position, you need to be legally authorized to work in the United States. We collect your full name, email address, phone number, and home address for the purpose of reviewing your application and establishing a possible employment relationship with you.