Hi, We’re AppFolio.
We’re innovators, changemakers, and collaborators. We’re more than just a software company — we’re a cloud-based powerhouse that creates products to make our customers’ lives easier. We’re revolutionizing the way people do business, and we want your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your passion to help us keep on innovating.
We love where we work, and you can, too.
We are looking for confident, ambitious self-starters seeking to showcase their potential and who want to add value to the company. The Business Development Representative (BDR) is a key player that has fueled AppFolio’s growth since 2013 by assisting in pipeline development and enhancing brand awareness. This entry-level sales role is the starting point for a promising career in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) sales.
This opportunity would start remote then transition to an in-office role in our Dallas or Santa Barbara offices. Relocation assistance offered for candidates open to relocating to either Dallas or Santa Barbara.
How You’ll Add Value to AppFolio
- Make 50-70 outbound calls per day with the intent to qualify leads, build relationships with property managers, and develop new sales opportunities from cold accounts
- Partner with Account Executives to qualify prospects and learn additional sales tactics to win deals together
- Update and maintain Salesforce and SalesLoft database with new notes and intel gathered from conversations with prospects
- Report on weekly results, both qualitative and quantitative
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
What to expect in..
Your first 30 days
- Confidently make calls to prospects using our sales methodology and tactics
- Develop understanding of AppFolio’s value and competitive advantages
- Pitch AppFolio value propositions to prospects
- Leverage several sales enablement tools and processes to hit key metrics for performance (Salesforce.com and Salesloft)
- Form relationships with team members and key players on the BDR, Sales and Marketing teams
Your first 60 days
- Identify target accounts with Account Executives and have strategic conversations
- Experiment with different prospecting methods (calls, emails, LinkedIn, Vidyard)
- Effectively execute on marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness
Your first 90 days
- Growth in autonomy and ownership of strategy
- Lead team huddles and discussions
- Consistently meet performance objectives and metrics (daily activities, weekly targets, and monthly quota)
- Partner with leadership to review performance and develop career goals
What You’ll Bring
- 1+ year work experience
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Exceptional level of drive and passion for results
- Willingness to learn new skills and build a career in sales
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Experience with use of customer relationship management databases such as Salesforce
- Prior sales experience
- BS/BA degree
AppFolio Benefits & Perks
- We've got you covered with comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and 401(k) Retirement Plan with AppFolio matching contribution
- Refresh and recharge with 21 days Paid Time Off and 8 Company Holidays
- Grow your career with challenging and meaningful work, all while making an impact and honing your talent
- Become a part of a diverse, supportive and tight-knit team that values ownership and innovation
- Celebrate wins and milestones with your team and build each other up for success
- Get to know AppFolians outside of your team and gain experience through the Give Back Committee, book clubs, volleyball leagues, AppFolio Learns, and much more!
AppFolio (NASDAQ: APPF) was founded in 2006 with the mission to revolutionize vertical industry businesses by providing great software and service. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software helps our customers more effectively market, manage, and grow their businesses. Our software solutions exist in the real estate vertical, including AppFolio Property Manager and AppFolio Investment Management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday