-COVID-19 Hiring Update-
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for 'Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
Reporting to the Sr Director of Sales and Customer Success Enablement, the Senior Sales Enablement Manager, Public Sector will lead all aspects of field enablement for Dataminr Public Sector sales roles globally, including onboarding, ongoing education, product training, sales process, sales skills and other curriculums across the Public Sector organization. The Sales Enablement Manager will deliver personalized curricula to sales teams, will work with sales and product leadership to evaluate team members on knowledge of product, services, and ability to deliver information and value. Must be forward thinking, a strategic planner, and have a passion for training and enablement.
This is a new role in the Sales Operation and Enablement Organization. You will be able to shape the role, influence others and apply your knowledge, experience and best practices to drive sales enablement programs for the Public Sector team and Dataminr's First Alert product.
- Drive and enhance the existing process of enablement and learning within the Public Sector Line of Business to increase sales productivity and support transformation of the sales organization.
- Adapt New Hire Onboarding to the enablement needs and legal requirement of the Public Sector.
- Be knowledgeable about Public Sector buyer personas, understand how they buy and their buying criteria and transfer that knowledge to sales enablement initiatives.
- Analyze performance and skill set of sales teams with sales leadership to determine needs for additional training and growth.
- Manage continuing education development of sales teams (Sales Development, Account Executives and Account Managers) ; support initiatives for Customer Success teams.
- Work with cross functional leadership - product management, marketing, sales operations and sales enablement colleagues to design, develop, deliver and maintain blended curriculums on product positioning, product direction, product messaging strategies, sales tools, sales plays and plans that optimize technical knowledge.
- Assist with First Alert product education around new features, functionality, and enhancements surrounding product launches to incorporate marketing strategy into enablement curriculum.
- Contribute to educational aspect and content preparation around key sales enablement initiatives: sales certification, Sales Kickoff, Demos, and other training interventions as needed.
- Assist in the development of the master plan and calendar for sales enablement activities throughout the year.
- Measure and report on business impact of enablement programs.
- As an individual contributor, be an integral member of the sales enablement team.
- Collaborate in the design, development and deployment of Global Sales Enablement initiatives targeting all of Dataminr customer-facing roles and Line of Businesses.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of combined sales enablement, direct sales, and/or project management experience at a SaaS or tech company.
- US and International Public Sector Expertise of selling and/or developing enablement solutions and programs in a fast moving environment is a must.
- Track record of developing sales training programs, processes, and methodology that are unique to the multiple Public Sector needs and requirements (Federal, Civilian, State & Local and International).
- Proven experience in designing and delivering blended-learning sales enablement programs, as well as familiarity with key sales skills: value selling, sales process, leadership development, sales coaching, sales negotiations, presentation skills.
- Sound understanding of all stages of the sales process, from lead generation, deal maturation and post sales phases.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with leadership teams.
- Understanding of Sales Methodologies (Miller Heiman, Challenger, etc.)
- Experience with Sales Productivity tools: Salesforce, Clari, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SaleLoft or similar
- Fully proficient in LMS (WorkRamp or similar) and content authoring tools.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; comfortable managing competing priorities and working under tight deadlines and under pressure.
- The capability to balance between thinking strategically and tactically with innate ability to execute projects.
- Excellent communication skills and experience writing, editing, and presenting to multiple levels of an organization.
- Previous experience in SaaS sales in a quota carrying role and the ability to understand the challenges that the sales teams encounter daily is a bonus.
- Experience working in an environment with regulations around confidentiality, privacy and security of protected data is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.