Execute sales strategy, which includes establishing and developing the regional market share in the assigned territory. Responsible for meeting all assigned business objectives and effectively servicing all existing regional and national customers. Successfully partner with Regional Branch and Customer Service teams to support all customer needs.
- Manage assigned National and Regional Accounts within designated territory.
- Call prospective customers and establish buying cycles, customer needs, and create a customer supplier relationship with potential customers within the local region.
- Collaborate with National Accounts Manager to service existing National Account locations within the local region.
- Increase sales and gain market share within in the respective territory, both on existing and new accounts.
- Prepare sales information for customers.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to generate any requested sales information for customers; including coordination of bid information for new accounts.
- Coordinate renewal activity for existing customers. Including but not limited to negotiating pricing, providing technical specifications on products and identifying service agreements to support “after-sales” support.
- Conduct market analysis of territory and buying influences to be able to identify future sales and growth within territory of existing and new customers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and the regional branch to secure and place orders taking into consideration delivery dates and inventory levels for fulfillment.
- Provide product training and conduct seminars and surveys for customers.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong business acumen; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the market place and is up-to-date about current and future trends, technologies, product information and knows the competition.
- High sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Ability to successfully deal with ambiguity and is comfortable with risk and uncertainty.
- Strong Customer Focus; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer, and the ability to effectively build relationships.
- Highly organized and manages work with minimal oversight
- Ability to negotiate; is skillful in tough situations, able to win concessions without damaging relationships and gains trust quickly.
- Adheres to an appropriate and effective set of core values and acts in line with those values.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This job operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and tablets.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs independently.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. are typical hours. In addition, work hours may vary due to travel to customers within territory.
- Must be able travel daily to assigned geographic territory; 25% of the time travel overnight to service assigned territory or attend regional sales meetings, trade conferences, and continued education.
- Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent.
- Minimum of 0-5 years of sales experience in the Safety distribution, Industrial distribution or MRO industries.
- A demonstrated record of success growing, managing, and maintaining a substantial client base in large metropolitan regions.
- A demonstrated ability of gaining market share in an underperforming or new territory.
- A sound understanding of the principles of safety products and services.
- Excellent communication, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience with CRM systems.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Preferred advanced education degree, including but not limited to, Bachelor’s degree in business or related field; or combined Associate’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience in safety distribution related industry.
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Not applicable for this position.
Stauffer Glove and Safety is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer - See more at: http://www.StaufferSafety.com/careers/
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.