Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 10 trillion dollars by 2025. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud and more. IBM Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defences and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career.
Cybersecurity isn’t just about hackers and defences. It’s about people and the way security impacts their daily lives. Protecting the world is an ambitious goal, but an important one that unites us. Our mission drives the way we design security solutions. It guides the way we serve customers and help organizations and communities reach their potential.
As a Customer Focal, you will work with customers on their adoption of the flagship IBM Security Cloud Pak as a Service offering. You will support the journey of a customer, including onboarding, initial adoption experience and escalation management for any issues that may occur. You will look to guide and coach customers as they mature, ultimately leading to valued reference customers and expanded accounts with organic growth.
You will be responsible for resolving customer escalations should they arise by working and liaising between, support, engineering and field account teams.
A key component of this role will be to build a program for our newest offering, with processes and metrics that ensures a proactive customer success management. This would involve analysing data, looking for opportunities to introduce change into our team and feedback loops into supporting organizations such as support, and engineering to enable a world class customer service experience.
The ideal candidate has strong communication skills that allow them to resolve problems and communicate solutions effectively. The ability to quickly triage, organize, and coordinate any situation will be an asset.
The Customer focal is customer focused, has a strong desire to help people and ultimately works to ensure that our customers are successful with our offering. This person is self-motivated and yet must collaborate and work with a wide range of people ranging from internal teams to a growing customer base. They have the ability to interact with customers professionally while thriving on solving new challenges and seeking repeatable solutions that improve the overall delivery for our customers.
- Have a customer obsession, working hard to earn and keep customer trust.
- Comfortable meeting with customers regularly to coach, consult and receive feedback on the offering
- Drive high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction
- Identify common customer challenges and better solutions to these
- Have a growth mindset, able to capture opportunities from a trusted relationship
- Drive for a streamlined customer onboarding and run time experience
- Prepare customer data/feedback for the team to action
- Ensure customer issues/escalations are resolved quickly, leveraging key resources from across the company as needed.
- Continue to follow-up post escalation to ensure all appropriate stakeholder requirements are met.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills; comfortable communicating to a wide spectrum of internal and external stakeholders
- Must have strong technical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- 2+ years with an Agile methodology
- Experience with managing customers including onboarding, maturing of the offering use and escalations
- 3+ years’ experience within a support organization, or some customer facing role
- Passionate about customer success and how it can transform business
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Demonstrable team leadership and development skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities
- Project / Program Management background can contribute to success within the role
- The ability to communicate and drive product and process improvements
- English: Fluent”
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Interest in Cloud computing, Internet/Network Security
- General knowledge of secure software engineering lifecycles and best practices.
- Program/Project Management Experience
Must have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Key Job Details Country/Region:CA State:NEW BRUNSWICK City:Fredericton Category:Technical Specialist Required Education:Bachelor's Degree Position Type:Professional Employment Type:Full-Time Contract Type:Regular Company:(0026) IBM Canada Limited – IBM Canada Limitee Req ID:432056BR Travel Required:Up to 25% or 2 days a week (home on weekends- based on project requirements)