Waitr is looking for a highly self-motivated Business Development Manager to join our Sales team. The Business Development Manager is responsible for propelling the rapid growth of Waitr / Bite Squad through the acquisition of new restaurant partners, by both expanding into new territories and growing existing markets. The ideal candidate will be a hunter that uses a consultative and solutions based selling approach, have great presentation and communication skills and have that “hungry” mentality.
Please Note: This is not a fully remote role and candidates must be located in the Greater Tallahassee area. Most of these functions will be done from a home or local office setting but we will only be considering candidates local to the area served.
- Develop strategic action plans to manage territory and reach company/individual sales goals.
- Work directly with local restaurants to help them connect with hungry diners in their area and grow their business via Waitr’s mobile applications.
- Establish relationships with decision makers; restaurant managers and owners. Adjust approach to each potential customer, assess prospect needs, clearly communicate advantages, and identify and overcome challenges that impede the sale.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize new business opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new business accounts.
- Identify, qualify, and prioritize new business opportunities and develop a strategy for closing new restaurant partner accounts.
- Use a consultative sales approach, seek to understand potential restaurant partner’s needs and present solutions that will help their business.
- Provide consistent and timely follow up communication and action steps after every sales call.
- Utilize HubSpot (CRM System) to forecast sales pipeline, maintain a record of all conversations, activities and opportunities.
- Register and participate in local business organizations to meet prospective customers, build and maintain relationships with existing customers and obtain market knowledge.
- Cold calling by telephone, email and in person with potential restaurant partners.
- 20% of the time to be on the road “pulling doors”.
Education – Associate's or Bachelor’s degree preferred (Business, Sales and Marketing, or related fields are preferred).
Sales Experience – 3 years field customer facing outside sales experience.
Successful Record of Sales Achievement - Proven experience developing new pipeline opportunities and generating revenue.
Sales Hunter – The position is built for someone who possesses a hunter mentality with a consultative approach. Strong cold calling and professional network development experience.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $125,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- Sales: 2 years (Required)
- One location