Our Sales Consultants are critical to the success of our organization by building customer relationships, providing product knowledge and merchandising activities. This Sales Consultant will be servicing a territory in the Charlotte, NC market and must live in and be familiar with the surrounding areas.
Responsibilities in this role include: achieving sales objectives, territory management, selling current and new products, promotions, in-store tastings, and servicing accounts. This also includes merchandising activities such as shelf placement, maintaining cold boxes, building displays, and stocking inventories.
- Strategies/preplans on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information monthly and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
- Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
- Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities; completes all necessary surveys and ensures national account compliance where applicable.
- Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customers’ needs to include selling display ideas, new products, cold box, shelf, and promotions.
- Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
- Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
- Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
- Maintains product levels in accounts by taking inventory and restocking shelves
- Obtains payments for the company by collecting and delivering checks or other remittance from accounts where legally permissible.
- Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
- Supports account openings by developing opening orders for new accounts in collaboration with District Manager.
- Manages customer account receivables by timely processing of credits and returns and communicating with accounts on aged receivables.
- Service accounts by delivering products to customers in extenuating circumstances, handling customer issues and complaints and referring these issues, as appropriate to management.
- Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work with sales calls, and sales blitzes.
- Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in sales meetings.
- Completes all necessary training programs by attending, participating, and passing all required tests as defined by management.
- Maintains professional and industry knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience preferred.
- An understanding of wine and spirits is highly preferred.
- Individuals with strong accounting, computer, customer service and interpersonal expertise preferred.
- Must be results-oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail, and meet deadlines.
- Proficient PC skills using MS Office and other various programs including presentation software.
- Familiarity with assigned territory is a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- The position requires the use of a personal vehicle.
- This position may require weekend and holiday hours based on business demands
Candidate must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Johnson Brothers Mutual Distributing of North Carolina provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Time Type:Full time