Bring your enthusiasm and desire to be at the forefront of an evolutionary change in estate and trust administration. Join an exciting company where your ideas, passion and commitment to excellence will have a direct impact on the success of our customers, projects, and the people that we engage with.
We are a Montreal-based startup that is developing estate and trust administration solutions for the North American market. Our mission is to empower our partners
with technology to digitally transform their trust and estate practices.
Join our team for an intellectually challenging, fun and rewarding career as we transform the field of trust and estate administration.
What you'll do:
As National Director of Sales, you’ll manage and oversee our sales operations across Canada. Your main duties will include leading the sales team by developing and implementing sales plans to increase the company’s revenues across all market segments, developing and cultivating relationships with clients, creating new business partnerships and growing revenues derived from existing ones, and evaluating the market landscape to determine optimal product pricing when selling to customers.
Other duties of the Director of Research and Development include:
- Develop and execute strategic plans to achieve sales targets
- Create and communicate sales goals and ensure founders and senior leadership team are informed on the progress of those goals
- Build and maintain long-lasting, strong relationships with customers while partnering with them to better understand their business objectives and needs
- Understand industry-specific trends and landscapes
- Draft detailed and accurate sales reports
- Effectively communicate value propositions through presentations and proposals
- Report on factors that shift strategic directions of accounts and tactical budgets
What you need to bring to the position:
- Problem Solving: Strong analytical skills with the ability to independently gather quantitative and qualitative data to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial mindset: Able to think big and then take that vision to drive bite-size improvements with validations and checkpoints. A strong bias towards action.
- Team Player with strong individuality: Ability to lead cross-functional groups for large complex projects and build strong relationships with stakeholders and leaders. Able to form independent thoughts on topics and debate them to ensure optimal outcomes for the business.
What we look for:
- 5+ years of work experience in sales and business development capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business administration or similar (minimum)
- Good working knowledge of the financial services industry, in particular trusts and estates
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong written and verbal communications
- Must be authorized to work in Canada.
What we value:
- Genuine empathy: The nature of our industry is complex, yet sensitive, and we keep that in mind with everything we do. We are kind and supportive, and we do business in the most passionate and whole-hearted way.
- Radical honesty: We are straightforward, authentic and bold. We are rigorous, yet open-minded and accessible.
- Reliable expertise: We are leaders in the digital transformation of an antiquated financial sector. We stay ahead of the curve to be the best at what we do. We are the technical experts our clients can always rely on.
- Relentless innovation: As Estateably transforms an established industry, we constantly push boundaries and innovate. We are outsiders who think outside the box.
- Be a part of a fast-growing startup with a superstar team
- Participation in our company's Employee Stock Option Plan
- Flexible work from home & remote work
- Participation in our company's group health, medical, dental and telehealth plans.
- Monthly gym stipend
- Full financial support for professional (work-related) development courses