CSA Manager Job Description
The global VMware Professional Services (PS) Organization drives and influences the success of each VMware implementation. As a customer centric organization, the PS team is dedicated to the success of our customers and their digital strategies. We ensure our customers are successfully implementing and delivering against their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning solution that meets their defined business outcomes.
As a PS Client Solutions Architect (CSA) Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the PS design and scoping of services of outcome focussed solutions for our customers while leading a team of CSAs. The role will require you to understand the products, frameworks, and design patterns used for VMware solutions while leading and mentoring other CSAs in their development. To effectively build solutions that solve for business problems it will be important to develop a strong network among your peers and internal and external teams. You should already be well versed in pre-sales initiatives and programs to aid in delivering of our solutions and possess a good mix of Technical Skills, basic Business Acumen, and a strong bias for customer centricity. You will be acting as a both a manager and pre-sales technologist and should be prepared to quickly develop a broad understanding of VMware and related technologies. The ideal candidate would have management experience in addition to a point of view and an understanding the following Franchise:
- Application Modernisation
*** This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
The CSA Manager’s main responsibilities are:
- Hire, attract, retain, grow, and manage CSA talent
- Insure continuous CSA enablement for the team
- Manage priorities and balance workload across the CSA community
- Manage CSAs output and performance, with an appropriate focus on SOW execution and bookings
- Align with Regional CSE sales organization leaders on sales priorities, sales forecast, etc.
- Develop, leverage and share best practices, as well as coaching junior CSAs in driving large and complex engagements
- Adapt the Outcome Focused Approach (OFA) leveraging the IT value model and Digital workspace journey model of PS and promote fixed fee scoping
- Work with services sellers to directly support key specific deals as agreed to with the services managers in region (this is part of the role as a player/coach)
- Support the Professional Services Business Unit by providing constructive feedback against the services roadmap, PS tooling, Micros-services, etc.
- Interlock with delivery for procurement of SOW approvals and also for anticipation of resource mobilization – provide a closed feedback loop on SOW quality
- Provide guidance, technical consultancy and intervention during project execution as appropriate based on the sales to delivery handover process
- Good organizational and negotiation skills
- Highly developed team spirit and positive nature
- Ability to deal with multiple activities simultaneously
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and is accountable for their own work and actions
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Good documentation and technical writing skills
- Ability to demonstrate commercial acumen
- Adaptable and progressive learner with the ability to communicate technical topics to both a technical and non-technical audience
- An active listener with excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills & behaviors
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment
- 5+ Years in a services pre-sales role and 2+ years in a lead/manager capacity
- Broad Technical expertise in VMware products and services
- Up to date high-level technical knowledge of the VMware product lines and future product roadmaps, alongside expert level knowledge of the core VMware product lines within a specialist area
- Ability to effectively influence across organizational boundaries
- Will be expected to present at public and internal events such as VMworld, QBRs, WWKO/Tech Summit and pre-sales meetings
- Strong ideas articulation, persuasive thinking and communication skills are a must with a focus and intent to develop points of view for domain expertise
AmericasPS referral campaign
Certification and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or ability to demonstrate equivalent level of experience
Why Choose VMware?
- Make an impact on your career path; grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program
- Work with a highly talented and motivated team that believes in succeeding together
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis reflects our values of Execution, Passion, Integrity, Customers and Community
- Be part of “the next big thing” in the global technology industry
- Earn a competitive compensation package with performance- based bonuses and increases, a generous benefits package that really takes care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working at VMware fun!
VMware’s Professional Services team is obsessed with helping organizations achieve their goals with the power of VMware technology. As partners throughout their digital transformation, we work with customers to build the IT capabilities, competencies, and culture they need to improve employee and customer experiences, accelerate innovation, and confidently move into the future. Join our team, and you’ll work alongside a diverse group of people who are passionate about sharing their broad expertise and empowering you to do your best work. Our technology is changing the way the world’s biggest brands do business. Where will your impact be made?
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Services Sales
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-07-12
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.