At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. We're not your parent's phone company.
Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
Today, Nextiva is the fastest-growing, privately held provider of cloud communications. We don't study industry trends; we create them. Business leaders look to Nextiva to equip their teams in the office and while working from home. Nextiva is not just a tech company — we're the backbone of the economy.
By joining our global team, you're saying yes to an opportunity to be part of a tech company with massive growth potential and exciting opportunities ahead.
We're actively looking for amazing people like you to join our team!
Reporting to the Director of Inside Sales, the Inside Sales Manager is responsible for the development and business results of a team of 10 or more quota-carrying Inside Sales Representatives. Each Inside Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining high activity standards, daily prospecting, pipeline growth, prospect qualification, adherence to Nextiva sales methodology and delivering assigned monthly sales revenue targets. The right Sales Leader for this position must have the proven ability to increase the productivity of sales representatives through skill development, adherence to activity standards, providing inspiration, rapid conflict resolution and building a highly-empowered, constructive Sales Culture.
- Results-Oriented: Meet and exceed assigned monthly, quarterly and annual sales revenue and productivity targets assigned
- Customer Experience: Ensure consistent delivery of 'Amazing Service'. It starts with the initial contact with Nextiva. Impart accurate information within team, ensure setting of realistic customer expectations and take responsibility for quick and effective hand-offs with other Nextiva teams (Onboarding, Support)
- Staffing: Accepts responsibility for the monthly revenue production of the sales headcount assigned. In the event of turnover, managers understand that replacement personnel must already be hired, trained and ready to perform
- Associate Development: Monitor and track Sales Representatives individual performance, strengths and weaknesses, and be able to clearly communicate evaluations and execute developmental steps (Performance Improvement Plans). Coach, develop, and mentor Sales Representatives to drive continuous improvement in sales skills and product knowledge
- Manage Activities: Ensure activity standards are being delivered per representative. Demonstrate clear ability to correlate activity standards with Business Results. Ensure use of Salesforce and accuracy of metrics
- Role Model and Coach: Sales Manager must be the most effective and skilled sales resource on the team. Ability to tech sales skills and track record of exceeding annual sales objectives are fundamental requirements
- Collaboration: Work with other Nextiva business functions to improve ability to improve return on marketing spend, evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing spend, ensure effective customer hand-offs to Support function and improve the effectiveness of cross-functional processes
- Training: Work with Nextiva Manager of Sales Operations to identify, prepare and execute incremental sales skills or product training in order to improve close ratios and increase productivity
- Forecasting: Must be able to confidently predict monthly/quarterly/annual sales bookings utilizing pipeline management for each Sales Representative. Must commit and take responsibility for the accuracy and achievement of the sales forecast
- Reporting: Verify daily results, productivity measures, and assist with commission tracking
- Process Improvement: Interface with various groups with Nextiva to help improve the overall sales process as well as drive the strategic initiatives of the Sales group
- Communication: Meets with each sales representative individually for at least 1 hour monthly to review previous month's results, lessons learned and areas for improvement. Uses this opportunity to coach sales representative to increase results for next 30 days. Executes team meeting weekly
- Recognition & Reward: Candidate expected to understand the motivations and goals of each sales representative assigned. Manager demonstrates understanding of how to motivate employees for their reasons and understanding of how to manage a recognition and reward program for their team
- Performance Management: Coach lowest performers for improvement and replace those that do not respond.
- Directly Involved: Recognizes that leadership is through doing. Spends majority of time on calls with Sales Representatives identifying areas of opportunity and coaching
- Spirit of Intent: Understanding of the essential role of Management is to deliver business results through people. Candidates must understand that Sales Representatives are their customer and their responsibility. Manager understands the responsibility of knowing and demonstrating the key values of Nextiva in everything that he/she does
- 2+ years of high performance Inside Sales Management experience in a SaaS, Networking, Hosting, Cloud Telecommunications environment
- 4+ years of high performance Inside Sales individual contributor performance in a SaaS, Networking, Hosting, Cloud or Telecommunications environment
- Proven track record of achieving measurable business results goals in a high transaction Sales environment.
- Must demonstrate history of quantifiable success
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth business environment
- Proficient in Salesforce, MS Word, MS Excel
- Sales team hours can start as early as 5AM AZ for the East Coast and as late as 9AM AZ for the West Coast. Manager may be required to be "on call" from time to time before or after Manager's core hours to assist their teams
So, why Nextiva?
Nextiva is a trailblazer in the Voice over IP (VoIP) and Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) industries. We're outpacing our competitors, and it's an exciting time to join our team. If you're looking to join a fast-paced tech company with massive potential, Nextiva is the place for you. Our 1,000+ team members worldwide embrace our promise of Amazing Service. We're passionate about upholding our energetic culture of forward-thinking, caring, and simplicity. Nextiva seeks diverse individuals who share our values and vision to help take us to the next level. Nextiva provides an impressive benefits package and has a resilient company culture. Glassdoor named us one of the Best Places to Work in 2020 nationwide. Employees rate Nextiva a 4.9/5 on Comparably, and we've earned many more accolades along the way.
Help us redefine the future of business communications. Apply today!
Nextiva is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.