BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce makes quality and performance a cornerstone of our software development and delivery philosophy. Every day, we're trusted to handle tens of millions of dollars of transactions through our platform. To continue to improve, we're looking for a Head of Quality and Performance, with strong experience in leading Quality and Performance testing practices at enterprise scale, to join our team.
You will report to our VP, Engineering and work with cross-functional teams in a highly visible role. Leadership responsibilities will include a mix of defining and rolling out quality strategy and processes across all our engineering teams and product lines, technical hands on work, and direct managing of a centralized core team of engineers. The role requires a heavy level of strategic thinking and close partnership with the head of Engineering and Infrastructure. You will be the driver to make sure Quality is embedded in the DNA of everyone in the Engineering AND Product organization.
** To be considered applicants must reside in Austin, TX, San Francisco, CA or Sydney, Australia or plan on relocating to one of these markets at time of employment**
What You'll Do
- Own QA and Performance testing environments across all products, partnering closely with our infrastructure team
- Roll out and maintain quality and performance standards and expectations across all teams including test planning, test execution, QA, and issue tracking and resolution
- Manage the automated testing frameworks and tools
- Evaluate testing technologies and services that will improve our quality practice and customer experience
- Manage directly a small team of Quality and Performance Engineers responsible for building and maintaining testing tools, infrastructure, and processes.
- Dotted-line leadership of SDETs and QA Engineers across our global engineering team to foster continuous improvement of technical expertise, testing strategy, and thought leadership, as well as enforcing technical and testing standards.
- Work closely with our Customer Success team to identify trends in our customers' experience and areas of improvement
- Measure and share key quality, testing, and performance metrics to stakeholders
Who You Are
- Preferred: 3+ years in enterprise SaaS and 7+ years in Quality/Performance Engineering roles
- Strong influencing skills to be able to champion standards and practices across all of Engineering, including front line engineering managers who primarily have development backgrounds
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Quality and Performance testing
- Ability and desire to be hands on to build out tooling, reporting, evaluating new technologies and services, and maintaining and improving testing infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interface with the executive leadership team as well as enterprise level customers and partners
- Ability to lead a small team of quality and performance specialists who are responsible for maintaining centralized testing infrastructure, tooling and standards as well as embed with teams who need dedicated support on a periodic basis
- Be a talent magnet, both within your direct reporting org and with our global QE engineering team, most of who will roll up to engineering managers