In your role at Optiv, you’ll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cybersecurity. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients’ needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We’re proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Optiv's Sales Development Representative (SDR) is a key contributor in driving and managing lead flow between marketing and sales. This role will help to evolve leads into viable sales ready opportunities through multiple nurture campaigns. The role will focus on analyzing and following up on leads created from marketing activities including demand generation, digital marketing and ABM campaigns, events, third party programs, and website and inbound inquiries. The SDR will have strong communication skills to successfully disseminate technical information into compelling talking points for our clients and prospects.
How you'll make an impact
- The SDR is responsible for analyzing and qualifying marketing leads to define whether it has the potential to convert and is responsible for appointing next steps with sales. The individual will:
- Support marketing activities and campaigns by contacting and qualifying leads that are sent over from Marketo to Salesforce.com (SFDC) based on lead score or hand-raiser with the goal to increase client inquiry and engagement with Optiv
- Conduct research on leads to understand interest and/or pain points (utilizing LinkedIn Sales Navigator and Marketo Marketing Insights) that Optiv can solve
- Prioritize lead follow-up based on interest level (hand-raiser) and campaign inclusion
- Connect with marketing qualified leads within 24 hours through various channels (i.e., phone calls, emails, LinkedIn InMail, etc.)
- Educate leads about Optiv and its service capabilities, as well as our partner ecosystem
- Daily interaction with CRM to update marketing qualified lead (MQL) records with phone/email activity, as well and sales accepted lead (SAL) records with qualification notes and next steps for sales
- BANT qualify leads and move them through the sales pipeline by converting qualified leads and passing them over to sales
- Collaborate with sales to ensure Optiv’s monthly and quarterly goals and targets are met
Qualifications for success
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years proven B2B outbound calling/telesales experience, with a focus on technology and/or cybersecurity
- Dynamic telephone presence with excellent verbal/written communication skills used to break down technical topics into talking points and email communications
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills to build rapport within internal departments and influence conversations with prospects and clients
- Goal-oriented and proactive self-starter with demonstrated critical thinking skills to solve problems
- Team player with a can-do attitude that can work collaboratively, as well as autonomously, in a fast-paced environment while providing high-quality work
- Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, while effectively managing time
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce.com and VCC platforms
With Optiv you can expect:
A company committed to championing Diversity, Equality and Inclusion through Affinity groups including but not limited to, Women's Network, Optiv Pride, Black Employee Network, and Veterans Support Network.
- Work/life balance. We offer “Recharge” a flexible, time-off program that encourages eligible employees to take the time they need to recharge
- Professional training resources, including tuition reimbursement
- Creative problem-solving and the ability to tackle unique, complex projects
- Volunteer Opportunities. “Optiv Chips In” encourages employees to volunteer and engage with their teams and communities.
- The ability and technology necessary to productively work remote/from home (where applicable)
Optiv is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.