To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
The Marketing Cloud Solution Engineering team (aka "Sales Engineering") is an innovative group of professionals at the heart of the Marketing Cloud’s industry leading solutions. This talented team helps Salesforce customers and prospects develop and implement strategies to take their digital marketing efforts to an entirely new level. Through collaboration with the customer, the Marketing Cloud Products team, Professional Services and the Solutions Engineers develop unique solutions that help our customers connect with their customers in new ways. The SE world is a dynamic, ever changing environment where expertise in design, business consulting and technology is leveraged every day to drive innovation.
The Solution Engineering team sits at the intersection of Sales, Marketing, Professional Services and Product. This unique perspective creates an opportunity for the SE to interact with the entire customer lifecycle. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment full of interesting challenges and opportunities to create compelling Solutions in the field of digital marketing then the Marketing Cloud SE team is the department for you.
- A Solution Engineer at Salesforce Marketing Cloud plays a pivotal role in aligning innovative digital marketing strategies to technology solutions within key strategic accounts. This role focuses on partnering with clients and collaborating with internal team members and C-level client contacts to drive consensus on multi-product technology solutions across the various Salesforce product lines. Solutions Engineers work on a wide array of assignments including business development, operations and IT strategies, as well as executive level product demonstrations. This person must assume the role of trusted advisor for driving innovative solutions forward while also improving business performance. The Solutions Engineer focuses primarily in these three areas:
- Business Problem Solving: Take ambiguous and complex business problems and using research and business assessment capabilities, define the problem, drive innovative ideas, define the opportunity set, and recommend actionable next steps.
- Innovation Management: Bring rigor to a client’s decision making process by presenting and evaluating solution options, and driving consensus among key stakeholders. In some instances, we help our clients develop new decision frameworks and governance processes that continue to deliver value far beyond a particular engagement.
- Connect Experiences: Demonstrate through software demos and rapid prototyping how connected experiences come to life with The Salesforce Marketing Cloud. This includes the delivery of executive level software demonstrations, construction of future state customer journey strategies, and developing long term IT roadmaps.
- Industry Understanding & Experience: Have considerable knowledge and experience working with Financial Services accounts. The SE will need to be comfortable discussing the challenges and needs of this industry with C-Level Executives. Credibility and trust is a Salesforce core characteristic and our Vertical Customers expect engagement in their language and terms with focus on their unique needs.
- “Solutioning” is fundamental to the Marketing Cloud SE role. It is important to realize that a component of the responsibilities will include assisting the customer, Account Executive and Professional Services team with the discovery, analysis and ultimately the recommendation of strategic solutions for the customer by delivering visionary pitches based in live product demonstrations to validate. These Solutions will leverage the Marketing Cloud technology to address the core marketing challenges and objectives that are uniquely identified for each customer.
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or related degree
- Minimum 3 years of experience in pre-sales consulting with experience focused exclusively on the digital space
- Previous experience as a Solutions Engineer or other Customer Facing Role. Experience with Pardot, Exact Target, or similar marketing technology is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; dynamic (persuasive) in presenting ideas to clients and prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Demonstrated success driving organizational change within client organizations
- Past experience in organizational design consulting, process design and optimization, digital governance, and team dynamics a strong plus
- Ability to work with a broad team across multiple disciplines to help customers transform their business using the Salesforce Customer
- Success Platform
- Analyze, structure, and negotiate long-term technology roadmap initiatives with clients and partners
- Ability to understand, communicate and manage across the entire project lifecycle
- Broad knowledge of technology trends and relevance to clients businesses
- Proven experience leading strategy and digital roadmap projects in a complex business and marketing environment
- Strong understanding of user research, user-centered design principles and online consumer behavior
- New business opportunity identification
- Requires 30% travel
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being named one of the FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For®" for 12 years in a row.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual base salary of $92,260. You may also be offered incentive compensation, bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.getsalesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org .
Salesforce welcomes all.