This position will help drive the sales efforts of our solution offerings and will work with managed services leadership to define the go-to-market strategy for our target market, understand the product positioning and key benefits for our solutions and engage in B2B relationship building and selling. Specifically, the managed services business unit provides managed services in the following areas: O365, Azure, SharePoint, SQL, Custom and Mobile Applications, Websites and Network.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Apply an in-depth understanding of our managed services offerings to address complex and strategic IT needs within businesses.
- Discover, develop, and manage business relationships with prospects to help sell our services.
- Lead and participate in account strategy sessions with potential or existing customers.
- Create/communicate presentations and proposals to “C” level staff.
- Provide thorough and accurate insight into the strategic initiatives of potential customers and their capacity, ability, and desire to purchase our types of services, while effectively communicating how our services meet their strategic needs.
- Respond to existing and prospective client requests for managed services.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales targets.
- Develop and maintain a quality pipeline of prospects.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully selling managed services to small and mid-market businesses.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from proactively generating to qualifying and closing opportunities.
- Understanding of IT operations, corporate IT infrastructure, networking technologies, and applications in a typical enterprise environment.
- Follow up with customers to assure satisfaction, respond to queries, solicit further sales, and solve problems.
- Engage and support Oakwood digital marketing to drive demand generation activities in email, blogs, social and SEO channels.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years consultative selling experience of IT managed services to mid-market companies.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting or exceeding assigned quotas and developing new customer leads, qualifying prospects, and closing sales.
- Ability to take a holistic and strategic view of the business process, leveraging a deep understanding of end-to-end business models and sales.
- Effective communication skills, oral and written.
- Excellent rapport building via phone, email, and face-to-face delivery of proposals at the “C” level.
- Ability to work with typical sales tool sets, including Outlook, Dynamics 365 CRM, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrated drive, passion, and commitment to win!
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kansas City or St. Louis based – but not national in sales territory.
Job Type: Full-time