Our client is looking for a bilingual or trilingual sales representative who can speak English and Mandarin or Cantonese. This role will focus on providing superior customer service to salons within Richmond, Burnaby, New Westminster, East Vancouver and South Vancouver by providing information on our client’s salon products, sales promotions and educational programs. This is done through building and developing long-term relationships with salons and stylists within the assigned territory by utilizing a consultative selling approach.
Provide superior customer service to all accounts within the assigned territory by:
- Conducting regularly scheduled "face-to-face" salon visits;
- Merchandising, managing and assessing inventory of salon products at each salon;
- Scheduling and conducting in-salon presentations (selling and product knowledge) on our client’s salon products;
- Communicating to clients any information regarding policies, product and promotions;
- Actively promoting our client’s educational programs and materials;
- Handling and completing product exchanges, returns and/or defective goods;
- Monitoring and collecting outstanding balances of Accounts Receivables for the designated territory; and
- Successful execution of all sales promotions
- Increase the number of new accounts by meeting cold call and prospecting expectations
- Increase distribution within existing client base
- Partner with Field Education Managers and Education Network within the designated territory to sell through Education initiatives, coordinate in-salon classes and so on.
Accurate completion of all required forms which includes:
- Documenting each account visit and communications on the Client Record Card on a daily basis
- Implementing and maintaining an accurate Route Plan and update on a monthly basis
- Preparing and submitting Weekly Call Reports to Supervisor
- Returns, Exchanges and Defective goods
- Credit applications
- Education class requests
- Company surveys/questionnaires
- Regularly collect and supply feedback to management regarding any information addressing customer relations, competitive activities or market needs.
- Participate and attend in all meetings, training programs, tradeshows and events as requested.
Reach and exceed budgeted sales targets relating to:
- Sales budget
- New product initiatives
- Educational & Loyalty programs
- Minimum 3 years "on-the-road", consultative sales experience in B2B sales
- Fluency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin required
- Preferable previous experience working within same territory
- Strong ability to sell and/or influence others
- Ability to drive growth through new account and existing territory management
- Excellent presentation & time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain professional business
- Solid negotiation and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented; persistent in getting the sale
- Experience in the beauty industry is preferred
You will be paid a base salary between 40-45K with an additional 10-20K expected in commission. A $600 per month vehicle allowance, RRSP matching, and extended medical and dental benefits round out the offer.
Are you the person they are looking for? Get in touch with me and apply now. Not ready to apply or have questions first? Send me an email in confidence and we can go through this opportunity in more detail.
We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the criteria and live in the Lower Mainland will be contacted.