PLEASE READ. Did you know that 95% of applicants will not read this section? We receive hundreds of applications, so why not write a nice cover letter and put your application at the top of the list? In fact, applications without a cover letter and answers to the 5 questions at the bottom are automatically disqualified. But shhh...this is a test!
FERRIS WHEEL PRESS is Canada's fastest-growing stationery company with a long history in stationery design and production. Our mission is to help the world Fall in Love with Writing Again through the design and production of fancy stationery products like fountain pens, inks, notebooks, essentially anything that inspires you to write more!
We are looking for someone that is high energy and passionate about stationery to help us take care of our growing B2B Retail Business.
Our IDEAL CANDIDATE...
is a stationery lover themselves and uses 2-3 notebooks simultaneously while owning several other backup notebooks that are still in the original packaging. They have tremendous energy and enthusiasm, wear a big smile by default each day, and have secretly rubbed paper against their face to feel the texture. Experience working in a retail stationery environment will be a huge asset.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you:
- Want to master your craft – you don’t stop until you’re proud of your work.
- Can take initiative – you’re always looking for the next task, and know when there’s something that needs doing. Whether it involves tying up loose ends on a project or making sure that deliverables are communicated and reviewed with all involved, you’re always willing to step in. You have the ability to make sound, independent decisions in a variety of different situations.
- Are inquisitive – you don’t get bent out of shape easily, and you’re willing to adapt and learn new things. You love new challenges, wearing several hats, and you seek out new ways to solve problems.
- Own your work – you take responsibility for your actions, acknowledging their impact on others, and move forward with intent.
The JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1. Account Management (60%) - Your primary responsibility is to take care of our growing portfolio of local and international stationery retailers. These are owners of brick and mortar stationery stores that we want you to work closely with to understand and serve their needs. Regular communication is expected via email, phone, video, and travel (when safe) may also be required.
- Regular follow-ups with Retailers: re-orders, new product launches, customer feedback, business development, and expansion planning
- Sales administration
- Marketing and Promotional Planning - launches, contests, collaborations, etc.
2. Inbound Sales (20%) - Receiving and screening new retailers that are interested in carrying our products
3. Outbound Sales (20%) - Prospecting new potential retailers via phone, email, or in-person meetings (when safe). Access to a vehicle is not required but will be an asset.
THE FIVE SCREENING QUESTIONS FOR YOUR COVER LETTER:
1. Are you legally able to work in Canada?
2. What is your favourite product in your stationery collection?
3. How would you respond to a customer that says our products are too expensive?
4. If you were to send an email to a cold prospect, what would be the subject line?
5. Pick one of the core values and tell me about how you've demonstrated it in your life.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00-$25.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Markham, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Have you submitted your resume and cover letter?
- Sales: 2 years (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19