Key Account Manager
Automation & Robotics Division
The Key Account Manager (KAM) role at JMP Solutions is responsible for achieving sales targets by creating, sustaining, and cultivating business relationships and opportunities on a quarterly and annual basis with existing customers and new target prospects. The role requires frequent client interaction as well as internal communication with our engineering team to develop solutions that meet the customer s needs and ultimately drive success as measured by our Net Promoters Score process.
The KAM will be responsible for selling Robotic Automation Systems in Food, Flexible Machine Tending, CPG and Tube and Pipe segments. This includes both Turnkey Robotic Projects (CapEx centric) and retrofit projects (OpEx centric). The KAM will focus primarily on 1-2 Key Accounts and will also be instrumental in finding new opportunities.
Ideally, this position will be based in Southern or Central United States (Kentucky, Arkansas, Texas, Alabama, Tennessee), however, there is the flexibility to be located elsewhere with the ability to travel to all JMP targeted external client locations throughout Canada and the US.
What Would a Typical Day Look Like?
- Drive new and current business relationships with targeted prospects and customers across defined segments and applications.
- Key target segments for this role include:
- Food & CPG – JMP has a focus on Ready to Eat food applications including pick, pack, and pall applications.
- Machine Tending – Flexible machine tending robotic solutions for lathes, mills, etc. in a variety of industries.
- Tube and Pipe – JMP has several unique robotic solutions focused on the tube and pipe marketplace.
- JMP is looking to grow into new markets that support our core expertise, and we have a compelling value proposition for customers.
- Drive the sales process with customers from prospecting to qualifying to the closing of the business.
- Act as a spokesperson and advocate for JMP Solutions within the industry, promote JMP, and represent the company s vision, culture, and values.
- Attend industry events as needed and assist in the development of the JMP Solutions go-to-market plan.
What Qualifies You for this Opportunity?
- Demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding sales quotas for Robotic or Automation related projects and solutions.
- Deep understanding of the automation market: 5+ years of experience
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with the mindset of customer success, a high degree of passion, etc.
- Highly coachable and trustworthy
- Demonstrated track record of closing $1M+ projects in defined industry and segments.
- High integrity and commitment to delivering JMP values to customers.
- Established network of business contacts and clients.
- Motivated and passionate about working with people and overcoming challenges through collaboration to drive a win-win paradigm.
- An ability to travel; BDMs should have the ability to travel within the US and Canada.
- An ambitious and persuasive achiever with a casual and direct communication style
- Prioritize cooperation and alignment before taking action.
- Maintain control over quality and accuracy by asking questions frequently.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
How Could you Boost your Application?
- Business, Marketing or Engineering degree preferred.
- Experience in sales processes such as Miller Heiman strategic selling
What does success look like at JMP?
At JMP, our employees bring more to the table than simply their technical skills. Essential to success at JMP, employees are constantly flexing the following soft skill behaviors to compliment the technical aspects of their roles.
- Personal Effectiveness: strong communication, adaptability, self-awareness, negotiation, problem-solving
- Tenacity: purpose, determination, drive, perseverance
- Sense of urgency: responsiveness, energy, engagement, loyalty
- Smarts: comprehension, learning aptitude, skillfulness, brainpower
- Accountable: takes ownership, responsible, go-to person, decisiveness
Who is JMP?
A mature, North American company founded in 1987 with 16 business units across the US and Canada, JMP serves the Fortune 1000 space providing engineering services and turnkey solutions in seven core areas: process automation, control system integration, information and MES, automation, and robotics systems, automated guided vehicles, material handling, and networking and security applications.
One of the fastest-growing Systems Integrators in the world, and the only company in the world that is a Rockwell Automation Solution Partner, CSIA and RIA Certified. We have been certified as a Great Place to Work 2013 through 2020 and a Best Workplaces Canada award recipient from 2013 through 2020, including Best Workplaces for Inclusion and for Women 2020.
What does JMP value?
Our values are our foundational concepts on which we build JMP; we adhere to these no matter what mountain we climb.
- Integrity: We do what we say we will do, every time, all the time.
- Relationships: We identify professional working relationships and create opportunities to develop those relationships
- Collaboration: We team together to achieve far more than we could on our own
- Leadership: We value people who lead by example, take pride in what they do, and inspire others
- Respect: We promotes a caring environment of mutual respect for employees, customers, partners, and communities
- Excellence: We set high standards of performance for ourselves and our team
Why join the JMP team?
As a growing company in the industrial technology industry and rooted in strong corporate values, JMP Solutions can offer a unique value proposition to employees. Our employee promise is a rewarding employee experience delivered through a focus on three key areas:
- Development and Career Growth
- Impact and Recognition
- Flexibility and Collaboration
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
JMP Solutions has an accommodation program in place that provides reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please contact Human Resources.