Founded in 1950, Tripp Enterprises, Inc. has earned a reputation for creative problem solving. We have grown worldwide into one of today’s most progressive manufacturers. We lead the industry, meeting and exceeding our customer’s constant demand for innovative product development.
About the Role:
Actively pursues and closes new sales opportunities from an outside sales perspective. Identifies key prospective customers using profiling criteria that aligns with our current and targeted industries of service (i.e. aerospace, medical devices, automotive, oil and gas, OEM manufacturing).
- Initiates contact with prospective customers via outside sales visits, phone calls, email blasts, etc.
- Accurately conveys our capabilities, as an expert, in order to determine a manufacturing fit for our customers and prospects.
- Obtains drawings, models, specifications, and key needs for any project to be quoted.
- Leads shop tours and events designed to showcase our capabilities.
- Partners with internal resources (engineering, operations, project management, etc.) for appropriate support during the quote process.
- Effectively negotiates pricing, lead times, deadlines, deposit requirements, key terms, etc. while preserving or improving the customer relationship.
- Remains highly involved with the customer through the initial delivery of our manufactured products, in order to generate credibility and develop the relationship. Stays involved until a safe and appropriate handoff of the client can occur with another member of our Sales or Customer Service staff.
- Participates in periodic review meetings with customers to highlight successes, opportunities for improvement, efficiencies, growth of the relationship etc.
- Able to interface with clients in order to generate accurate forecasting.
- Proposes better ways to work together as client/supplier, with the goal of developing a strategic partnership.
- Previous outside sales experience – minimum 2 years
- Direct manufacturing experience – minimum 2 years
- Common knowledge of technology (phones, computers, spreadsheets, etc.)